IGNORED

resident parking to include saturdays.

markyou

3 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

The way I see it, Bristol City Council only ever look at why they can't do something or what can't be done, as opposed to looking at what can be done.

Look at the simple solution, which is utilising the park and ride. Rather than going into massive effort and expense to stop people parking in certain areas, simply give them somewhere else to park. 

Work smarter, not harder.

Quite. I thought the idea of the Mayor was to get things done, not preside over closures and death by a thousand cuts. Don't need a Mayor for that, would save a few quid overnight.

4 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Currently I park  just off North Street   at 12.30 then I go shopping down North Street and maybe grab a bite to eat/drink. If the RPZ is extended I will,park further away and the North Street traders will lose my custom.

Same here. I have to ask why Greenway Bush Lane, next to Aldi and the School and where the Factories used to be, is included in this nonsense. Nobody lives there. I always get there nice and early, but I have to say, if I can't find an alternative, I may well have to give it a miss when we're shortly asked to renew season tickets. The council and the club really need to sort out their differences as a priority.

41 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

The way I see it, Bristol City Council only ever look at why they can't do something or what can't be done, as opposed to looking at what can be done.

Look at the simple solution, which is utilising the park and ride. Rather than going into massive effort and expense to stop people parking in certain areas, simply give them somewhere else to park. 

Exactly. If you are upset by people pissing in public areas, it might just be more effective to open some bogs than to set up razor wire at crotch level...

1 hour ago, ciderrider said:

Amen. It constantly amazes me how piss poor the running of this amazing city is regardless of which political party is in situ. It's a bit like watching England at a major tournament - you're constantly in hope that things will change for the better, that we can't possibly remain so bad for so long and we'll start performing but ultimately all hope is dashed and you're left with a total mess.  It's the hope that kills you! 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Stadium has been there over a hundred years . Now unless Ashton Park has s secret fountain of youth giving residents eternal life , I'm guessing the Gate was there when said residents moved there . WHY BUY A @@@@@@@ HOUSE NEXT TO A FOOTY STADIUM THEN MOAN ABOUT PARKING !!!!!! What did you honestly expect ?? 

A hundred years ago very few would have had a car.

fifty years ago I could play football in the road(bus route) and we were rarely inconvenienced.

the problem is only about 35 years old

but I do agree if you don't want to have a problem don't buy near a stadium. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'd like the tube, I could get it to the footy and not bother about the rpz.

If you’ve achieved immortality, I suppose there is the faintest glimmer of hope you’ll ride in a tube under Bristol, if not, I very much doubt it will have got past the hot air stage before we’re all pushing up daisies ......

While this will probably make my life easier (taking nipper and having a Blue badge that allows me to park in residents zones) it just shows again that the council make draconian decisions without joined up thinking. 

This decision is cheap and easy. The sort of thing the council is always capable of, requiring no talent or particular planning. 

12 hours ago, RedM said:

Trouble is with public transport compared to driving is that it’s relatively expensive ( as well as being late, crammed, unreliable and dirty). It’s two buses for me to get to AG, a £2 fare for each leg, so add £8 onto the price of my match ticket. Yes a day ticket is £4.50 so that’s a little saving. But as 3 or 4 of us travel to games that still could be as much as £32 on the bus or £18 if we buy a day ticket. You could dive for miles for £18, not only one match. When we have Saturday Tuesday matches it’s looks even more expensive. Even the A Bus charged £2 a journey when I went on it a couple of months back.

Its a 3 mile walk for me, takes exactly an hour, so 6 miles there and back. I know as I walked it the other day. I have also walked from the centre too recently, so I have done it but am not prepared to do it each and every match, especially when I’ve been on my feet all day. There needs to be an alternative, but it certainly has to be cheap and reliable to make people like me change.

£4 if you use your phone! Been using the bus for the last 3 seasons and I love that I’ve become a “bus w a n k e r” :shifty: I read someone online that first bus services on a whole run very efficiently over the weekend, I don’t leave my house till 13:25 on March days and I’m always at the ground by 14:45 and that’s catching two buses. 

26 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

£4 if you use your phone! Been using the bus for the last 3 seasons and I love that I’ve become a “bus w a n k e r” :shifty: I read someone online that first bus services on a whole run very efficiently over the weekend, I don’t leave my house till 13:25 on March days and I’m always at the ground by 14:45 and that’s catching two buses. 

what about the other 11 months of the year.

Until they decide what to do with the £10million (so far) vacant white elephant of a carless 'Arena' site at Temple Meqds... Would it be too difficult & 'ironic' to open it as a matchday car park with buses to Ashton, and non match day parking and buses to Bedminster, (City Centre & Clifton/Redland no 8/9) on non match days?  (alternative P&R as they seem determined to keep the LongAshton one a 'football free zone' for whatever reason)

The more I think about this the more it massively boils my piss. 

Bristol deserves more than the clueless idiots who run our council; not to mention Marvin Underground Rees and his inability to be anything other than an automaton spouting pointlesss clichés and excuses in the hope that people just ignore him and he can carry on unimpeded in his vainglorious quest for political immortality. 

Archived