IGNORED

Daydream Beleiver

42nite

Just heard daydream beleiver on the radio, and automatically broke into the "cheer up Holloway" chorus.... Then it dawned on me ..I'll miss him!!!

The gas derby was always the highlight of the season for me, then Holloway's QPR, but what is there this year???

I've found myself warming (very slightly)towards him, and seemed to detect a mutual respect was growing between him and the City fans??

I remember when we beat his QPR last season, as he walked off defeated, the Atyeo stand stood and applauded him, and he returned the applause. I've not seen that before.

Perhaps the Tinman can become our Olly???

How do you feel towards him?

Me? I cant wait till we're playing him again in Div 1, or whatever it's called!

Guest Bristol_Babe

Yeah I have respect for Olly... He has taken a lot of poo from us over the years and good on him. He's taken it in fun.

Have to sing "Cheer up Holloway" when QPR are on Sky from now on... Or if we have them in the FA Cup!

• Admin

In the build up leading up to the play-off final, Olly couldn't praise us enough going on about how our team and fans were a credit to our city and how he wanted us to win the final. I remember I had to read it again just to make sure my eyes hadn't deceived me the first time.....

In the build up leading up to the play-off final, Olly couldn't praise us enough going on about how our team and fans were a credit to our city and how he wanted us to win the final. I remember I had to read it again just to make sure my eyes hadn't deceived me the first time.....

Fair enough, i still don't like and never will.

Whether we like Holloway or not, we would be playing Coca Cola Championship football if he had been in charge last season. We wouldn't have been pussy footing around with defensive football. I'm not the blokes biggest fan he does seem to have earned a lot of respect from people within the game. I've got more respect for him than Danny "we didn't fail" Wilson.

Whether we like Holloway or not, we would be playing Coca Cola Championship football if he had been in charge last season. We wouldn't have been pussy footing around with defensive football. I'm not the blokes biggest fan he does seem to have earned a lot of respect from people within the game. I've got more respect for him than Danny "we didn't fail" Wilson.

At the risk of taking things to fair, Rommel was by fair one of the most tactually astute generals ever and if he would have been in control of allied land forces in either 1914 or 1943, both wars would have been a lot shorter.

however, I'm pretty sure not that many people actually like him. :D

Please don't get me wrong. I am not advocating Holloway to be our manager. However, as a general point, would you like a "nice, well liked" manager or a "successful" manager? I would go for the latter personally (but not Holloway before anyone takes me to task!!)

I do get everyone's point! He's obviously doind something right :D

I just don't think i could ever bring myself to clap him or cheer him, i seem to have strange compulsion to abuse him at every time we play him!

I do get everyone's point! He's obviously doind something right  :D

I just don't think i could ever bring myself to clap him or cheer him, i seem to have strange compulsion to abuse him at every time we play him!

He's the sort of person that probably thrives on opponents abuse.... But deep down don't you ever think.........."I wish he'd played for us"?????

He's the sort of person that probably thrives on opponents abuse.... But deep down don't you ever think.........."I wish he'd played for us"?????

If by that you mean that the city scout signed him up before Rovers ever had a chance to pollute his mind, I don't know as the it never happened.

I don't like him.

Guest bexhillreds

Never liked him in a blue and white shirt but will always fondly remember standing in the shed watching him miss a penalty.

Tommy Doc is becoming to city what he was to Rovers, fight, tenacity and drive. You've got to like (or at least respect) the man because he wears his heart on his sleeve.

Plus he always gives a good interview, nice to hear a Bristol accent on Sky.

I think a lot of the dislike toward him is jealousy, he's a top bloke, and I've got plenty of time for the man, and amongst our disappointment, I am glad he succeeded

Archived