IGNORED

Cup run, good or bad.....

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Tonight’s game was a long way from the heady days of wowing the viewing public as we beat Man U and gave Man City a tough task, it would have been called scrappy and poor in league one.

There was a distinct lack of quality, lack of reading the game, unable to open up a determined defence, on tonight’s showing we won’t stay in the top six and top two looks a distant pipe dream.  If by some reason we were to fluke going up, we’d be in deep shit without major rebuilding.

The final passing was poor, we weren’t helped by the ref, that I’ll grant, but the poor decisions that should have seen us awarded penalties are far from the reason we lost that game.

So, did the cup run take its toll, I think it probably did and unless the hangover from that can be shaken off and quickly, I fear we will suffer more disappointing games like this.

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Tonight’s game was a long way from the heady days of wowing the viewing public as we beat Man U and gave Man City a tough task, it would have been called scrappy and poor in league one.

There was a distinct lack of quality, lack of reading the game, unable to open up a determined defence, on tonight’s showing we won’t stay in the top six and top two looks a distant pipe dream.  If by some reason we were to fluke going up, we’d be in deep shit without major rebuilding.

The final passing was poor, we weren’t helped by the ref, that I’ll grant, but the poor decisions that should have seen us awarded penalties are far from the reason we lost that game.

So, did the cup run take its toll, I think it probably did and unless the hangover from that can be shaken off and quickly, I fear we will suffer more disappointing games like this.

Definitely took its toll. But it was really worth it IMO . We were very poor tonight. But we have players back and new players. And that can affect the rhythm. We are still in the playoffs and me personally have really enjoyed the season so far. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Nobody knows if we would have won tonight without the cup run

Unless they have some mystical second sight, no, of course, but an opinion, educated or not can be made, if we stuck to facts and certainties, there would be scant content in forums......

Archived