IGNORED

Top 6, no chance.

Jacky Boy

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

To be honest, yes gutting to only get 1 point from Bolton and Sunderland - but in reality 6 points from those two games with 0 from Leeds and Fulham is worse than 1 from them and 6 from Leeds and Fulham. 

These are the key games now and where we are after those two will be a clearly reflection of our form going forwards.

I really can’t see us winning any of these games! I’ll take two points now. 

On 02/02/2018 at 22:10, Jacky Boy said:

That performance tonight was awful, far to complacent, this team have no chance of finishing in the top 6.

On 02/02/2018 at 23:14, Fjmcity said:

your club will lose some games, maybe lots of games if your really poor and contrary to the popular chant, Bristol city are not by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.

We were poor tonight by most clubs standards and extremely poor by our own standards. It will happen, I'd hope to see a much better performance next time out and hope to build some momentum on that

that performance suggest that we will not finish in the top 6, the rest of the season says we actually have a good chance. For example also, Bolton didn't look like they would be relegated as they played alright, but guess what! They might well be.

what a damn crazy game this is

The game today was typical of this unpredictable league . As the season approaches it’s late term each of the contenders is going to be inconsistent . Derby , Cardiff , Fulham all dropped points last night and today and I expect their fan forums are equally questioning their respective abilities to see it through . Opportunity lost today but it is far from over . Football in first half was back to our very high standard .For sure , Sunderland were poor but we were excellent . On form BC are better than every team in this league  and on a par with Wolves . It is all to play for fellow contributors keep the faith . On the Kent exchanges on here today , for me he is improving every game and will be a key player for us . The left side looked culpable of their goals again as against Wolves ,and Man City. Wasn’t close to it but JB looked at fault . Overall very disappointing but not terminal . We are good enough to be a play off contender and I think we will feature . 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Don’t forget we all thought that last season on the multiple occasions we committed hari-kari from winning positions and we ultimately recovered. I think the players’ mentality is more robust than they get credit for. They have to learn from this but they can do so.

how many times are people going to say they should learn from this, come on how many times have we heard that change the record, that's 1 point from Bolton and sunderland, I talked to one of their fans after the game today he said to me he could not believe how we imploded, he was still shaking his head in disbelief as he walked away.

47 minutes ago, pillred said:

how many times are people going to say they should learn from this, come on how many times have we heard that change the record, that's 1 point from Bolton and sunderland, I talked to one of their fans after the game today he said to me he could not believe how we imploded, he was still shaking his head in disbelief as he walked away.

Being a Sunderland fan I find it difficult to believe he was shocked by an implosion. We on the other hand are still top six after most people expected us to properly struggle. I know who's shoes I would rather be in.

5 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

Being a Sunderland fan I find it difficult to believe he was shocked by an implosion. We on the other hand are still top six after most people expected us to properly struggle. I know who's shoes I would rather be in.

agree, but you should have seen his face, he was delighted and shocked in equal measure.

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

We recovered to avoid relegation at the expense of sides even worse than us. This is a different ball game. Promotion contenders do not throw away 3 goal leads at home to relegation candidates. The chasing pack are gaining, we have tough games coming up and keeping the pace now is going to be incredibly difficult.

Promotion contenders don’t lose 4-0 away to relegation candidates either but Huddersfield still did last season.

It is going to be incredibly difficult - it always was going to be incredibly difficult. But it will be difficult for every team. We need to pull out this slump ASAP but, as it stands, we are still strongly placed.

I hope we will make it and think we can, but there are a couple of players that need to take a good hard look look at themselves - throw ins in an attacking position sent back to CB’s when midfielders are running about making themselves available - attacking midfielders avoiding play when they should be retreating and marking opponents- hence some defenders obvious exposure! Poor communication between players - “man on” too often left to the fans

If we do make playoffs, this team is way below Premiership survival standard and if club continue with the 5 pillars approach we have a lot to lose. If club sticks with its policies it would surely be better to challenge say two to three years down the track when some of those bought for the future have come through.

A year ago we also threw away a three goal lead at Derby, and that came after a far worse run of from and results than we have had this season.

LJ turned it around last year and if we can produce the same form and results as we did a year ago, it would put us in with a strong chance of being there or there about at the end of the season. My main worry is that since Christmas we seem to have lost all momentum ( last season we had no momentum even before Christmas - other than downwards!) while all our main rivals seem to have been picking up momentum in the last few weeks.

Archived