IGNORED

On this day ten years ago...

Lympsham Red

...we lost 3-0 away from home against Queen's Park Rangers, who were in an extremely similar position to where Bolton are now - their win was a crucial step away from relegation.

And yet we still went on to make the top six and get bloody close to reaching the Promised Land.

As many sensible posters have already said tonight, you win some, and you lose some. Chelsea lost 3-0 to Bournemouth this week, that doesn't mean Chelsea are about to finish 10th does it..

Also, on the topic of the 07-08 season, on the 5th April that season we also lost 2-0 away to Southampton in a match which pulled them out of the relegation zone too.

Everyone agrees that this is a league where anyone can beat anyone. It so happened that tonight, Bolton beat us. Shit happens. Get behind the team.

I personally feel that the performances we've seen for the majority of this season, combined with such a fantastic cup run, as well as the increased stature of our club on a national and international scale, means that a 1-0 loss against Bolton shouldn't warrant the reaction it's had on this forum tonight at all.

You reds.

I agree,  somebody just told me it will be a really disappointing season if we missed the playoffs.  I couldn’t disagree more.  If we finish 8th, for arguments sake, it will be our most successful season since that playoff final defeat season.  That is coming off the back of two relegation battles.  We have beaten four Premier League teams including the biggest club in the world and given Man City two good games.  

All whilst generally playing very good football.  

That is far from disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I agree,  somebody just told me it will be a really disappointing season if we missed the playoffs.  I couldn’t disagree more.  If we finish 8th, for arguments sake, it will be our most successful season since that playoff final defeat season.  That is coming off the back of two relegation battles.  We have beaten four Premier League teams including the biggest club in the world and given Man City two good games.  

All whilst generally playing very good football.  

That is far from disappointing. 

Absolutely spot on. Perspective is required - it might seem disappointing to some if we were to not finish in the top six having been in it for a while this season, but in comparison to the last, as you say, ten years or so, it's absolutely bloody brilliant. It could be a lot worse; we could be Rovers, after all.

4 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

...we lost 3-0 away from home against Queen's Park Rangers, who were in an extremely similar position to where Bolton are now - their win was a crucial step away from relegation.

And yet we still went on to make the top six and get bloody close to reaching the Promised Land.

As many sensible posters have already said tonight, you win some, and you lose some. Chelsea lost 3-0 to Bournemouth this week, that doesn't mean Chelsea are about to finish 10th does it..

Also, on the topic of the 07-08 season, on the 5th April that season we also lost 2-0 away to Southampton in a match which pulled them out of the relegation zone too.

Everyone agrees that this is a league where anyone can beat anyone. It so happened that tonight, Bolton beat us. Shit happens. Get behind the team.

I personally feel that the performances we've seen for the majority of this season, combined with such a fantastic cup run, as well as the increased stature of our club on a national and international scale, means that a 1-0 loss against Bolton shouldn't warrant the reaction it's had on this forum tonight at all.

You reds.

Hallelujah brother. Many a slip twixt cup and lip. 

We'll come again. Better to mourn a defeat that may threaten our chances of automatic promotion than one that could send us down. 

Long road ahead, and its not going to be as bumpy as last season. 

I actually don’t mind some / a lot of the comments tonight....especially the ones that are critical of the performance.  The performance was not our usual level, and many posters are right to rate player x 4/10 or whatever. 

What does annoy me is the instant scapegoat mentality, and the seasons falling apart shit.  It might be, but tonight’s result isn’t the factor...especially after last week’s courageous win.

Someone posted that we are the most bi-polar forum ever.  They are probably right.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I actually don’t mind some / a lot of the comments tonight....especially the ones that are critical of the performance.  The performance was not our usual level, and many posters are right to rate player x 4/10 or whatever. 

What does annoy me is the instant scapegoat mentality, and the seasons falling apart shit.  It might be, but tonight’s result isn’t the factor...especially after last week’s courageous win.

Someone posted that we are the most bi-polar forum ever.  They are probably right.

Get you....

5a74ffc591144_BiPolarBearShedSimovex_0.jpg.64c4bd19bc317aef5cf931b3ca672866.jpg

Christ was that 10 years ago.. Dele Adebola made his debut If I remember correctly..

I know we have strengthened this January and strengthened arguably more than we did in that window in 2008 but is it going to be enough? This league has moved on so much in the past 10 years and when you look at how our rivals have strengthened it makes you wonder.. im still confident of a top 6 finish though i think we will have enough.

Archived