IGNORED

Paterson

Beni71

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I think some of it might be relative to how easy it is to pronounce a word/name. If we were on the telly, it's easier to call us Bristol, as we're not Citeh, which is now used to refer to Man City, I don't recall that term used for them until recent times, possibly in an attempt to emulate "United", because everyone knows what united they refer to, don't they? There's only one Forest, Villa, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, etc. Funnily, Newcastle are referred to as that and depending on which Sheffield is playing, to "Sheffield", sometimes Wednesday, rarely United, Likewise WHU become the Hammers. It seems to be whatever is easiest to the person speaking. We of course refer to our City as "City", to an outsider, and sometimes Bristolians, they enquire, "which City"? 

Of course I could be totally wrong and someone will undoubtedly educate me of that within a very short space of time.

Anyway, that's how I see it and there's no offence intended by commentators, I'm sure.

Yes, it’s fine what you are saying but I don’t think you got the full context of my post exchange with @city2015 which was about City fans calling us Bristol....which just doesn’t happen even though he or she thinks it does...funny how their forum name is ‘City2015’ and not ‘Bristol2015’ though! Rather proves my point!

13 minutes ago, city2015 said:

I went to my first game aged 4, over 20 years ago and we beat port vale yeah. However, as someone who supports bristol city but having never lived within 100 miles of bristol and currently living in manchester referring to your club as city generally doesn't work too well. The post in which I referred to 'bristol' was discussing a match between Manchester city and bristol city hence the term bristol seemed more suited to differentiate. 

Well that’s not true...your post said ‘if you’ve watched Bristol at all this season you’ll see he (Paterson) has predominantly played out wide’...... that isn’t discussing a match between Bristol City and Manchester City.....re-read your post. And anyway, why is your forum name ‘City2015’ and not ‘Bristol2015’ if you refer to us as Bristol? No City fan I know has ever referred to us as just Bristol, ever...and to answer your question, yes I have watched us (City) lots this season both home (season ticket holder) and away...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that’s not true...your post said ‘if you’ve watched Bristol at all this season you’ll see he (Paterson) has predominantly played out wide’...... that isn’t discussing a match between Bristol City and Manchester City.....re-read your post. And anyway, why is your forum name ‘City2015’ and not ‘Bristol2015’ if you refer to us as Bristol? No City fan I know has ever referred to us as just Bristol, ever...and to answer your question, yes I have watched us (City) lots this season both home (season ticket holder) and away...

I didn't mean to cause such offence with my post, I don't doubt you support bristol as does everyone else on this forum. As mentioned earlier I live in manchester, at work I generally discuss football with my colleagues, man city fans and a bradford city fan, hence calling them bristol is an easier way to differentiate who I am talking about. Maybe im not a super fan such as yourself but as someone who doesn't know any rovers fans, has never had a chat with one, has never lived in bristol and for the majority of the time I've been following the club has been playing in different leagues to rovers I have never found it that much of an issue calling them bristol in a context where its obvious who they are refering too as I have no qualms about rovers as they seem.somewhat insignificant to me. 

Apologies for the offence this has clearly caused, as my previous post did too in which you also felt the need for abuse also. I like to come onto forums to discuss with other city fans the club I support but abuse doesn't really seem neccessary. 

Now rather than dishing out more abuse and changing the subject instead of discussing our original topic, id still be interested to hear as previously asked and swerved why you felt it was jamie Paterson fault for the Bolton goal despite being subbed 6 minutes earlier? Think the word you used was plonker? 

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Rich said:

I think some of it might be relative to how easy it is to pronounce a word/name. If we were on the telly, it's easier to call us Bristol, as we're not Citeh, which is now used to refer to Man City, I don't recall that term used for them until recent times, possibly in an attempt to emulate "United", because everyone knows what united they refer to, don't they? There's only one Forest, Villa, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, etc. Funnily, Newcastle are referred to as that and depending on which Sheffield is playing, to "Sheffield", sometimes Wednesday, rarely United, Likewise WHU become the Hammers. It seems to be whatever is easiest to the person speaking. We of course refer to our City as "City", to an outsider, and sometimes Bristolians, they enquire, "which City"? 

Of course I could be totally wrong and someone will undoubtedly educate me of that within a very short space of time.

Anyway, that's how I see it and there's no offence intended by commentators, I'm sure.

As I don't discuss bristol city with any other bristol city fans, and generally discuss football with colleagues at work (man city and bradford city supporters) in Manchester, it is as you've suggested easier to refer to bristol city as bristol to identify which city club im referring to.

However this seems to have ruled me out as a city fan, because no fan refers to the club that way. 

1 hour ago, city2015 said:

I went to my first game aged 4, over 20 years ago and we beat port vale yeah. However, as someone who supports bristol city but having never lived within 100 miles of bristol and currently living in manchester referring to your club as city generally doesn't work too well. The post in which I referred to 'bristol' was discussing a match between Manchester city and bristol city hence the term bristol seemed more suited to differentiate. 

Can I ask where you lived and how you got in to the club, then?

5 hours ago, city2015 said:

I didn't mean to cause such offence with my post, I don't doubt you support bristol as does everyone else on this forum. As mentioned earlier I live in manchester, at work I generally discuss football with my colleagues, man city fans and a bradford city fan, hence calling them bristol is an easier way to differentiate who I am talking about. Maybe im not a super fan such as yourself but as someone who doesn't know any rovers fans, has never had a chat with one, has never lived in bristol and for the majority of the time I've been following the club has been playing in different leagues to rovers I have never found it that much of an issue calling them bristol in a context where its obvious who they are refering too as I have no qualms about rovers as they seem.somewhat insignificant to me. 

Apologies for the offence this has clearly caused, as my previous post did too in which you also felt the need for abuse also. I like to come onto forums to discuss with other city fans the club I support but abuse doesn't really seem neccessary. 

Now rather than dishing out more abuse and changing the subject instead of discussing our original topic, id still be interested to hear as previously asked and swerved why you felt it was jamie Paterson fault for the Bolton goal despite being subbed 6 minutes earlier? Think the word you used was plonker? 

Cheers!

I called you a ‘plonker’ because a poster in this thread offered criticism of Paterson and you replied with ‘are you talking about Marlon Pack?’ So I chipped in with my one word response to you because I thought you were saying that any criticism should be about Marlon Pack and I disagreed with that because I think Marlon is having a brill season.

I apologise if you think that was ‘abuse’ - I meant ‘plonker’ in the light-hearted way Del-boy calls Rodney a plonker....I disagree with lots of views of here, but I have never knowingly given out ‘abuse’ in a post.

And then you kept referring to our club as ‘Bristol’ so that made me wonder how any City fan could do that as I’ve never heard anyone who supports us ever call us that....I wasn’t ‘offended’ as you kept saying, just couldn’t believe a proper City fan would ever call us Bristol. I also know and work with fans of other clubs called City (Manchester, Swansea, Cardiff, Birmingham) but I call my team City when talking to them and they know exactly what I mean, I would never call us Bristol.

Then you chucked the horrible ‘Super fan’ tag at me! I’d never call myself that, I’ve supported City for over 40 years but I don’t consider myself a better fan than anyone else and I never would. I only told you I was a season ticket holder in a previous post on this thread because your reply to me said ‘if you’ve watched Bristol at all this season...’ - so I pointed out that I have indeed watched City lots this season, that’s all.

Finally you asked me why I felt Jamie Paterson was at fault for the Bolton goal...I haven’t posted anything in this thread about the Bolton game whatsoever so I haven’t a clue what you are talking about there....you are obviously directing that at the wrong person. It wasn’t me who said anything about the Bolton game!

All this from my one word reply (‘plonker’) to your original post, wish I hadn’t bothered!

Have a good Thursday....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I called you a ‘plonker’ because a poster in this thread offered criticism of Paterson and you replied with ‘are you talking about Marlon Pack?’ So I chipped in with my one word response to you because I thought you were saying that any criticism should be about Marlon Pack and I disagreed with that because I think Marlon is having a brill season.

I apologise if you think that was ‘abuse’ - I meant ‘plonker’ in the light-hearted way Del-boy calls Rodney a plonker....I disagree with lots of views of here, but I have never knowingly given out ‘abuse’ in a post.

And then you kept referring to our club as ‘Bristol’ so that made me wonder how any City fan could do that as I’ve never heard anyone who supports us ever call us that....I wasn’t ‘offended’ as you kept saying, just couldn’t believe a proper City fan would ever call us Bristol. I also know and work with fans of other clubs called City (Manchester, Swansea, Cardiff, Birmingham) but I call my team City when talking to them and they know exactly what I mean, I would never call us Bristol.

Then you chucked the horrible ‘Super fan’ tag at me! I’d never call myself that, I’ve supported City for over 40 years but I don’t consider myself a better fan than anyone else and I never would. I only told you I was a season ticket holder in a previous post on this thread because your reply to me said ‘if you’ve watched Bristol at all this season...’ - so I pointed out that I have indeed watched City lots this season, that’s all.

Finally you asked me why I felt Jamie Paterson was at fault for the Bolton goal...I haven’t posted anything in this thread about the Bolton game whatsoever so I haven’t a clue what you are talking about there....you are obviously directing that at the wrong person. It wasn’t me who said anything about the Bolton game!

All this from my one word reply (‘plonker’) to your original post, wish I hadn’t bothered!

Have a good Thursday....

:yawn:

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have a good Thursday....

Was simply suggesting he may be talking about wrong player based in things he had said, misinterpretation of level of malice in your comment perhaps on my behalf. 

Am actually moving to bristol soon so perhaps better I learn the error of my ways now ey .. No more 'bristol'. Cheers!

He has been no existent the last five games and partly why we may have lost some games as he has been carried through games without having any influence like he did in the first half of the season. With him in the team at the moment, it's like playing with 10 men. Also a reason why the goals have dried up as he was a key part in linking midfield to attack. Without his influence, we lack ideas. 

Needs to be benched IMO as I don't know if he burnt out or just out of form. Would rather at this point have someone on who will influence attacking plays. Kent and Bryan down left side, brownhill and Wright down right side. Smith and pack central and a combo of Reid/diedhiou/diony dependant on opposition or form.

just think Pato is massively off the boil and needs to be taken out of starting 11 for a few games

Not Pato related but needs clearing up once and for all;

City or Bristol City = Us

City = Us 

Bristol = The local team that plays the other less popular and a lot less interesting sport with a silly ball.

Citeh = The Manchester team that just scraped into the Carabao cup final recently.

Easy really

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, it’s fine what you are saying but I don’t think you got the full context of my post exchange with @city2015 which was about City fans calling us Bristol....which just doesn’t happen even though he or she thinks it does...funny how their forum name is ‘City2015’ and not ‘Bristol2015’ though! Rather proves my point!

Sorry, as you say, I didn't get all the conversation, it's sometimes laborious reading loads of posts, there's a tendency to snatch at things which grab the attention.

8 hours ago, BOSRed said:

He has been no existent the last five games and partly why we may have lost some games as he has been carried through games without having any influence like he did in the first half of the season. With him in the team at the moment, it's like playing with 10 men. Also a reason why the goals have dried up as he was a key part in linking midfield to attack. Without his influence, we lack ideas. 

Needs to be benched IMO as I don't know if he burnt out or just out of form. Would rather at this point have someone on who will influence attacking plays. Kent and Bryan down left side, brownhill and Wright down right side. Smith and pack central and a combo of Reid/diedhiou/diony dependant on opposition or form.

just think Pato is massively off the boil and needs to be taken out of starting 11 for a few games

That appears harsh, but is true.

On his day he is some player, as good as there is in the division, but that hasn’t happened of late.

Not hindsight but I’d have left him out at Bolton and certainly would on Saturday.

Not sure if it is simply down to form or he is struggling with a knock but he has not been the same player in recent games.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

That appears harsh, but is true.

On his day he is some player, as good as there is in the division, but that hasn’t happened of late.

Not hindsight but I’d have left him out at Bolton and certainly would on Saturday.

Not sure if it is simply down to form or he is struggling with a knock but he has not been the same player in recent games.

I had him ‘rested’ in my pre-Bolton line-up.

Wonder whether despite the pitches in the Champ looking considerably better than 20/30 years ago, they are still heavier under foot, and Jamie, being very lightweight, finds it tough?

The Derby pitch wasn’t great either.

Just throwing it out there.

Archived