IGNORED

Lee Johnson - what game were you watching?

old_eastender

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I really have to disagree about the first half. I thought we were very poor and it was quite incredible we were 3 nil up. We were much better final 10 minutes of first half, but overall our passing was so sloppy. We kept giving it away in silly areas. Pato being the most guilty.

The second quarter there was some immense 1-touch intricate play involving most of the team, and nearly always Reid, that carved Sunderland apart time and time again. I hope you didn’t miss it. 

2 hours ago, winsaw said:

Kent was out best attacking player in the 2nd half, looked the only one likely to make something happen, it's a game of fine margins he could have easily had a goal and set one up in the 2nd half, 

Yes he could, if he knew what to do with it in those positions. 

We might just be good for the play offs but no where near consistently good enough, strong enough physically or mentally to be promoted on the performances since Xmas. 

LJ needs mentoring now. Stop playing his clique of first picks, players need dropping based on performances. 

SL needs to get the blankety blank out and sign Premier league quality or experienced players in the summer if he really has aspirations of Bristol having a top flight club. 

I don't really see any of our players except Bobby making any impact on the Premier league. 

1 hour ago, Singingsuperstar said:

We might just be good for the play offs but no where near consistently good enough, strong enough physically or mentally to be promoted on the performances since Xmas. 

LJ needs mentoring now. Stop playing his clique of first picks, players need dropping based on performances. 

SL needs to get the blankety blank out and sign Premier league quality or experienced players in the summer if he really has aspirations of Bristol having a top flight club. 

I don't really see any of our players except Bobby making any impact on the Premier league. 

Really? For me Nathan Baker, Aden Flint and Korey could all step up easily.

Some others could do so possibly.

By stepping up I don't mean that they could play for Man City but they would be a core of a lower PL team.

I also think Young Bobby would struggle hugely in the PL.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I actually thought Wright was weakest today. 

Agreed, not good when you're the captain

Bailey started nervously with several stray passes in dangerous positions early on and never seemed to recover from that.

He's consistently the poorest passer in the team imo, but usually makes up for it with otherwise fairly solid defensive displays.

Not today though. I wonder if he'll be one to make way when Baker and Pisano are back?

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Really? For me Nathan Baker, Aden Flint and Korey could all step up easily.

Some others could do so possibly.

By stepping up I don't mean that they could play for Man City but they would be a core of a lower PL team.

I also think Young Bobby would struggle hugely in the PL.

Rubbish, Reid has the first touch and spacial awareness that very few players at this level have. Damn shame if he leaves in the summer, wouldn't be suprise if the likes of Bournemouth come knocking.

4 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Rubbish, Reid has the first touch and spacial awareness that very few players at this level have. Damn shame if he leaves in the summer, wouldn't be suprise if the likes of Bournemouth come knocking.

Interesting comment, given his age I strongly suspect that may have been spotted somewhat earlier in his career.

Young Bobby gives his all, without question, but he is no natural finisher, and as a CM he  is no PL player.

Archived