IGNORED

Improvements

PeterStyvarsRightFoot

First post on here in a while, I must say the forum is a damn sight easier to use .

but anyway Real talking points

this evening last year we were losing 2-1 at Leeds united,

two years ago we had just been smashed 4-0 by Brighton,

three years ago, 3-0 down after 20 minutes at Colchester.

my point is OK, we won the league 3 years ago ( just wanted to say it's not all bad)

but overall, our positions in the last few years ? Not very good, infact well below 'not very good' levels.

but we're moaning about a 3-3 draw with a side that was in the premier league for 9 years straight before this season. We weren't at our best no and they may be near the bottom BUT we're in the play offs. It's another game gone where we're still in a position which we have no right to be in with this squad. Let's get behind them, stop pointing so many flaws ( I'm not trying to be a happy clapper as I know as well as you all do it was below par on the weekend)

but We have 3 massive games coming up back to back where they will need to be backed to the hilt. Leeds is a horrible place to go no matter what form they're in, Fulham will be no walk over and Cardiff are vile.

overall on paper they're all bigger and better . But we play good football, we can have a go and so what if we don't make it even top 10 this year. We have a go again next year, we regroup, this year . Has already been a huge success off the field in elements , and even on the field . So strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride! COYR!

55 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Nice to see some positivity, top post!

Cheers! We just need that rub of the green again I feel. Only a young side in majority , but we play beyond our years at times. But because of the fact we can be so dead eyed/ lethal on the ball, we sometimes struggle to forget the naiviety of some of the boys,this mixed in with bad luck, silly errors and quality play against us has left us in abit of a slippery slopey rut, once we get going again properly. ( I believe it'll be sooner rather than later ) we may just about have enough to carry us into the play offs I hope and pray!

16 minutes ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Cheers! We just need that rub of the green again I feel. Only a young side in majority , but we play beyond our years at times. But because of the fact we can be so dead eyed/ lethal on the ball, we sometimes struggle to forget the naiviety of some of the boys,this mixed in with bad luck, silly errors and quality play against us has left us in abit of a slippery slopey rut, once we get going again properly. ( I believe it'll be sooner rather than later ) we may just about have enough to carry us into the play offs I hope and pray!

For me, I don't think we have a 'top 6' squad, I think we had momentum and self-belief which took us possibly higher than we expected.

This year was all about progression for me, and we've definitely achieved that. With a semi-final appearance thrown in we've proven/re-established ourselves as a unit in the Championship (as opposed to relegation candidates we were touted as pre-season) and we can hopefully kick on from here now.

I'm delighted with the season, regardless of whether we make the play offs/promotion.

Archived