IGNORED

Gillespie Must Start.

shire_redz

Just got back from Newport. Gillespie was awesome. 2 goals in ten mins second half, could have had 3 more! I thought Ryan Harley looked pretty tidy and Bell also had good first half. MIller took his header well and I'm looking forward to Clevedon Tuesday night!

You could see if you went to the match that he is quality.....he is always on the last defender and you can tell all he wants to do is score goals. Gillespie and Miller made a good partnership but i can see Heff and Gillespie starting against Torquay with Miller on the bench, cant see Lita get into the squad as he was chucked of the ball too easily.

I disagree. Yes Gillespie was awesome but from a position where we are a goal behind you want to be able to bring on Gillespie to terrorise the defence instead of bringing on say Miller who isn't capable of doing that. Against Torquay it should be Heffernan and Miller.

I disagree. Yes Gillespie was awesome but from a position where we are a goal behind you want to be able to bring on Gillespie to terrorise the defence instead of bringing on say Miller who isn't capable of doing that. Against Torquay it should be Heffernan and Miller.

I haven't seen gillespie play yet so can't argue with who to start but I'm having problems understanding your logic.

Your saying that we have to wait to conceed goals befre bringing a goal scorer on. If he is good enough why wait till then for him to terorise the defence. Surely he can do that from the start?

Then once we have got these goals we can bring on someone like Miller to hold the ball and do his non goalscoring thang.

Guest tommytank
Just got back from Newport. Gillespie was awesome. 2 goals in ten mins second half, could have had 3 more! I thought Ryan Harley looked pretty tidy and Bell also had good first half. MIller took his header well and I'm looking forward to Clevedon Tuesday night!

I thought Gillespie looked a real class act, good pace and strenght to hold off their defence with ease. I also noticed his off the ball movement and runs into space that were not always seen by midfield. He took his two goals well with a curling effort outside the box to beat the keeper at his right hand post.His other a cool chip over the keeper.

Archived