IGNORED

Missing Djuric?

italian dave

With all the focus on O'Neill and Pisano, I wonder if Djuric is the injured player we're missing most?

Conjecture, I know, but I think that if we'd had him available to bring on after an hour in the past two games then we'd have 4 more points than we do now.

No coincidence that our best spell has been those few weeks when we were bringing him and Taylor on regularly, and giving us something different for the last half hour when legs are tiring.

I agree, but also wonder if it is a little deeper than that and about still learning how to accommodate a front player at all.

Maybe it was all a fluke, but our best form has been this year with no player outright up front. We had five in midfield, worked hard to close down the other side, and were fast on the break. We did that really well, and made it difficult for the other side to create anything.

Fammy clearly does not have 90 minutes in him yet, and when games have gone our way and we have got a decent lead, not entirely sure why we do not go the other way and go 4-5-1. In seems we have put it in the bin, when it did pretty much get us to second.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely we are.

However in the year he has now been with us I think he has started just 5 league games, so it isn’t as if we shouldn’t be used to him being unavailable, is it?

Had plenty of time to find a like for like replacement?

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Had plenty of time to find a like for like replacement?

Presume we saw Diony as that?

If it is true that he was our initial target in the summer then presumably that is why we have now brought him in?

Despite someone on here saying they don’t rate Diedhiou, personally I’m delighted we got him instead..

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If it is true that he was our initial target in the summer then presumably that is why we have now brought him in?

Despite someone on here saying they don’t rate Diedhiou, personally I’m delighted we got him instead..

Djuric old style big man up top. Diony I’ve not seen enough yet so not gonna slate him . Fammy has come back better after his lay off and looks worth every penny . Not sure we will see Diony start too many game , no free ones as our cup exploits are over 

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

MA said they had been tracking him for 24 months....but sometimes the timing is off.

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Djuric was superb at home to Cardiff. His only start this season, I think? We'll miss him badly over there next week. Don't see him ever being fit enough to contribute properly. Great shame.

And last season too....bossed Bamba, and that’s saying something!

Archived