tinman85

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fielding 

Wright flint Baker Bryan 

Smith 

Brownhill. Reid

Kent.                  Paterson 

Diedhiou

Been saying this for a while. Let's get our wingers higher up the pitch. Pato and Kent are forwards. Reid is still as much a midfielder as he is a forward imo. He has been immense there the fee times he has played there this season. If anything up front he is not getting many chances and playing a deeper role could allow him to drift into the box like lampard. Really think it suits our players we have for this system. 

We'd lose Reid's ability of pressing from the front by pushing him back and Diedhiou can't do it, not quick enough and doesn't have the stamina. I'm hoping we go with tinman's selection, Mags showed today how key his long throws can be and think Pato is off the boil so natural thing to do is move Joe forward. Also Smith to drop slightly deeper and take on Pack's role with Brownhill with more energy in the middle. 

I am getting frustrated with the ‘It’ll make a big difference when X is back’ ideology. In the meantime games are coming thick and fast, we aren’t picking up too many points, and still the occasional injury/ban is happened upon. Also, a lot of our remaining injuries are longer term ones, so when they do get back in the match day squad and up to speed we could be another month down the line...hey ho. Let’s hope everybody comes back like Fammy!!!

50 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Fielding 

Wright Flint Baker Mags

Kent Brownhill Smith Bryan 

Fam Bobby

Assuming Brownhill is fit, I’d play him RM and play Walsh alongside Smith.

Kent needs to learn teamwork, as these are not outweighing his skills and running with the ball at the moment.  So he needs some bench time.

If Brownhill isn’t fit then Paterson....or even Diony.

I feel like I’m laying a lot of blame at Kent’s feet, but LJ needs to realise when he’s becoming ineffective.  Kent had a decentish first half, but had run his course by 60 minutes.

Archived