IGNORED

My take on last night's game.

cidered abroad

Memories of two poor games for City were banished by that one last night. A superb match between two clubs that tried to play football, many fewer histrionics and play acting than some games that preceded it and one that may follow.

So we made some mistakes as a team and individuals, so did Fulham, but it all added up to an enthralling ninety five minutes of good football.

If I have one gripe about our second half, it is that if we cannot get a shot on target in fifty minutes, we don't deserve to win. Their keeper could have gone up the pub for all he had to do. Just start some shooting from just outside the penalty area and leave Bobby to follow up for the rebounds and deflections.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Just start some shooting from just outside the penalty area and leave Bobby to follow up for the rebounds and deflections.

Wow! Words of wisdom! Why on earth no ones thought of that before is unbelievable.

If only there were some rebounds and deflections in last nights game.......

I don't think it's fair to label a 2-2 at Elland Rd as a 'poor game', particularly given how well we played in the first half. In fact, we wouldn't have been so upset about losing the lead had it not been for the Sunderland game prior.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Memories of two poor games for City were banished by that one last night. A superb match between two clubs that tried to play football, many fewer histrionics and play acting than some games that preceded it and one that may follow.

So we made some mistakes as a team and individuals, so did Fulham, but it all added up to an enthralling ninety five minutes of good football.

If I have one gripe about our second half, it is that if we cannot get a shot on target in fifty minutes, we don't deserve to win. Their keeper could have gone up the pub for all he had to do. Just start some shooting from just outside the penalty area and leave Bobby to follow up for the rebounds and deflections.

yes I felt was really good game of both sides one whinge is Fulham players seem too keen to just fall over at the slightest bit of contact. but then that the poor state of football in general

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I don't think it's fair to label a 2-2 at Elland Rd as a 'poor game', particularly given how well we played in the first half. In fact, we wouldn't have been so upset about losing the lead had it not been for the Sunderland game prior.

yes indeed a poit at Leeds is a good point always as they such dirty gits at Leeds

Archived