IGNORED

If only points were awarded for crowd performance

WelshRobin

I was invited by a Cardiff City friend of mine today to join him in the home end. I was more or less opposite our fans with the width of the pitch between us. I had expected a very intimidating atmosphere but I'm not sure if it was where I was sitting but it was very tame and hardly any atmosphere at all. Nobody standing up or getting excited apart from when the goal was scored and the celebrations were over in 30seconds and everyone was sat down again. Most seemed to vanish for a pie 10 minutes before half time and come back 15 minutes into the 2nd half. It was actually very easy not to be 'outed' as I didn't really need to jump up and down to feign Cardiff allegiance....as nobody around me did! I had been expecting to have to pull off an Oscar winning performance.

What was intimidating was the noise from our fans....came over really loud and for long periods, well done everyone who went and contributed. Was very interesting to see if from the other side!

9 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

You have just described Ashton gate mate

would have been exact same when we played them at home 

Certainly seemed comparable to the part of the Dolman where I sat with my Granddad in the mid 90s. I came to the conclusion he went there to get away from the noise at home! He used to make sure we got there an hour before kick off and leave 5 minutes before full time!

1 hour ago, WelshRobin said:

I was invited by a Cardiff City friend of mine today to join him in the home end. I was more or less opposite our fans with the width of the pitch between us. I had expected a very intimidating atmosphere but I'm not sure if it was where I was sitting but it was very tame and hardly any atmosphere at all. Nobody standing up or getting excited apart from when the goal was scored and the celebrations were over in 30seconds and everyone was sat down again. Most seemed to vanish for a pie 10 minutes before half time and come back 15 minutes into the 2nd half. It was actually very easy not to be 'outed' as I didn't really need to jump up and down to feign Cardiff allegiance....as nobody around me did! I had been expecting to have to pull off an Oscar winning performance.

What was intimidating was the noise from our fans....came over really loud and for long periods, well done everyone who went and contributed. Was very interesting to see if from the other side!

I’ve hinted on another thread that this ground and Ninian  Park are like chalk and cheese, MK Dons is more intimidating.

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

You have just described Ashton gate mate

would have been exact same when we played them at home 

I couldn’t agree less. Much has been said about the Ashton Gate atmosphere, but there was literally nothing from the home fans until they scored on 82 minutes. Despite the fact this was supposedly a derby, they were in form, and second in the league. Nothing at all. Not even that tappy head thing.

If the circumstances were reversed and we were playing at Ashton Gate while sitting second in the table, I’m confident S82 would have done a hell of a lot better than that, and at times the South Stand and Dolman would have joined in.

The home crowd were unbelievably bad today. Ashton Gate might not be great, but this was a reminder that some clubs are a lot worse.

14 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’ve hinted on another thread that this ground and Ninian  Park are like chalk and cheese, MK Dons is more intimidating.

My Dad was with me today, he has done Ninian in the past and said it was completely different. What was interesting was that when Cardiff scored I of course jumped up in order to keep my cover....Dad didn't and nobody batted an eyelid. Half the Cardiff fans around me remained seated too....unless I was in a hotbed of BCFC infiltrators!

Archived