IGNORED

Our remaining fixtures

MC RISK77

All against teams currently below us...we have a real chance to secure a play off place.

all relative I guess but my thoughts are

sheff we’d h - win

preston a - loss

burton a - win

ipswich h - win

barnsley a - draw

brentford h- draw

millwall a - loss

birmingham h - win

boro a - loss

hull h - draw

forest a - loss

sheff Utd h - win

That is 72 points and may just see us miss out on play offs but will be close...

anyone more optimistic?

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Sheff W (H) - Draw

Preston (A) - Win

Burton (A) - Win

Ipswich (H) - Draw

Barnsley (A) - Win

Brentford (H) - Lose

Millwall (A) - Draw

Birmingham H - Draw

Boro (A)- Lose

Hull (H) - Lose

Forest (A) - Draw

Sheff Utd (H) - Draw

15 points. 69 total. 8th/9th place.

Interesting thoughts mate Preston away looks tough but hull brum and Ipswich home look winnable

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Interesting thoughts mate Preston away looks tough but hull brum and Ipswich home look winnable

Generally we don't have much luck against Preston, seem to be one of our bogey teams. Got a funny feeling that they are going to end up giving us our first win in a while.

Ditto for Boro, we are usually their bogey team but I reckon they might trounce us this time around.

I think it’s key we take 3 points everytime the others in top 6 play each other. 

We are well placed. We are 6th going into March. We are not hoping teams slip up to get in there. Yes we have been on a bad run since the start of the year but we were doing very well for Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and that’s what has contributed massively to getting us into this position.

If we give up as fans now why would you expect the players to carry on without us?

27 minutes ago, Flagon said:

I think it’s key we take 3 points everytime the others in top 6 play each other. 

We are well placed. We are 6th going into March. We are not hoping teams slip up to get in there. Yes we have been on a bad run since the start of the year but we were doing very well for Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec and that’s what has contributed massively to getting us into this position.

If we give up as fans now why would you expect the players to carry on without us?

:clap::clap::clap:

11 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

preston, millwall and boro away all look very difficult games. Tough, organised, gritty teams. 

This is the crucial thing for me. We’ve not performed well against the ‘tough & gritty’ teams. Brum, Preston, Burton, Millwall, Boro now under Pulis, Leeds & of course Cardiff. 

These type of opposition stifle us. I’d be surprised if we came away from the games at Preston, Millwall & Boro with anything, and a point at best at Burton. Brum at home will also test us with their style. 

Can’t see us doing Brentford either. We’re gonna need to win the games v Weds, Ipswich, Barnsley, Hull, Forest and Sheff U if we want to make the playoffs. 

I'm sure we'll win a few of these but right now I can't see where the next one will come from. I think we'll play really well during games (like against Fulham) but will struggle to win many.

Worried about these injuries too. If Baker is out we're going to be really weak at the back again. Just going to make these next few games even harder.

I think we'll end up somewhere in 9th or 10th come the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

All against teams currently below us...we have a real chance to secure a play off place.

sheff we’d h - win

preston a - loss

burton a - win

ipswich h - win

barnsley a - draw

brentford h- draw

millwall a - loss

birmingham h - win

boro a - loss

hull h - draw

forest a - loss

sheff Utd h - win

That is 72 points and may just see us miss out on play offs but will be close...

anyone more optimistic?

All winnable games. How about not predicting this league. It's impossible. See what happens game by game. We can make play offs. But we need to change this current formation to either 4.5.1 or 3.5.2. We need 5 in midfield or we get outfought. 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

sheff we’d h - win

preston a - loss

burton a - win

ipswich h - win

barnsley a - draw

brentford h- draw

millwall a - loss

birmingham h - win

boro a - loss

hull h - draw

forest a - loss

sheff Utd h - win

anyone more optimistic?

Something we're missing needs to click quickly for that to happen. Sadly I can only see a one way ticket out of the play-off places. The main plus point and biggest thing that amazes me is that we are still in a play-off place, but we are.

7 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

sheff we’d h - win

preston a - loss

burton a - win

ipswich h - win

barnsley a - draw

brentford h- draw

millwall a - loss

birmingham h - win

boro a - loss

hull h - draw

forest a - loss

sheff Utd h - win

anyone more optimistic?

In all probability there are 6 teams chasing the one remaining play off place..... Sheff Utd could go above us at Reading on Tuesday, but for me the biggest threat comes from Boro and possibly Leeds who are gaining some momentum....  There again, if we can somehow miraculously rediscover our first half season form of 1.7 average points per game then we should be fine with 74 points...  Worth mentioning that we've already beaten 7 of the teams that we still have to play and surely law of averages says that we will beat Birmingham this time around, so depending on how long it takes to get that Cardiff performance out of our heads we may yet still be OK. BTW. I'm still optimistic and think that we will finish in 6th spot.... Just imagine we could get Cardiff and Warnock in the play offs..... 

6   Bristol City 34 14 12 8 48 40 8 54

7   Middlesbrough 34 15 7 12 46 34 12 52
8   Sheff Utd 33 16 4 13 46 39 7 52
9   Preston 34 12 15 7 40 33 7 51
10   Brentford 34 13 11 10 50 41 9 50
11   Leeds 34 14 7 13 47 43 4 49

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

No. You're another one living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Have you learned nothing from the past two seasons? Past form is not a reliable indicator of future results. This time last year we had these prediction threads and most struggled to see us getting the points needed to stay up. Same the year before.

We might still make the play offs, we might not. But the team is currently in 6th spot, with a favourable run in, and we have seen enough this season to know that this team can produce good results.

Rather than revel in the doom and gloom, why not be a little open minded to all the possibilities from this season with 36 points still to play for.

The determination of certain posters to claim they are certain of the future is pathetic. We had the same last year and the year before than, and they were proven wrong.

Just done a prediction thing at http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

Snap your hand off for this:

Note - randomly  couple of teams have only played 45 games, but nothing that stops us getting the the play offs. I just put in 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1 to get points, so ignore GD if that's your bag

# Team M. W. D. L. Goals Dif. Pt.
1 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 46 28 12 6 70:34 36 96
2 Cardiff City Cardiff City 46 26 11 9 60:33 27 89
3 Fulham FC Fulham FC 46 22 17 7 69:43 26 83
4 Aston Villa Aston Villa 46 21 18 7 65:41 24 81
5 Derby County Derby County 46 20 19 7 64:39 25 79
6 Bristol City Bristol City 46 21 13 12 56:45 11 76
7 Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough FC 46 20 12 14 56:41 15 72
8 Brentford FC Brentford FC 46 19 15 12 60:47 13 72
9 Sheffield United Sheffield United 45 22 6 17 54:45 9 72
10 Leeds United Leeds United 46 19 12 15 57:50 7 69
11 Preston North End Preston North End 46 16 19 11 48:41 7 67