IGNORED

Attendance Saturday

JBFC II

I was working in Nottingham this week and drove home in storm Emma last night, was quite an experience. Car after car was stuck on the M5! Couldn’t see the motorway, was completely covered.

Left about half 4 and got home about 10 but I had to leave my car and walk 10 minutes. Couldn’t get close to my road!

47 minutes ago, Neo said:

I work 2 mins from the gate and live 4 miles away and to be frank - South Bristol is firked !!

3 inches to 7/8 with drifts on all roads and I mean all - don’t know what the council are doing but main roads are covered.

Even small slopes in the area have tracks where cars have slipped back down etc. - my car is on the road as could not get up on to my drive !!

In short with more snow forecast - madness if this game is on. I am a supremely confident driver and have driven accident free for 3 decades but I was out locally last night and it was frightening stuff - putting this game on will put fans safety at risk.

edit - outside my house - the road is there somewhere !! :-

674E3DDF-EBE1-4A0B-BD69-79536EF0F02C.jpeg

I can confirm this totally. The club will have to call it off TODAY, otherwise people are being fked around if you ask me.

No chance of a game Saturday.

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I can confirm this totally. The club will have to call it off TODAY, otherwise people are being fked around if you ask me.

Perhaps they will just cancel it for u18s.....

14 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I agree sadly. I was really looking forward to the game as I had a load of family coming who haven’t been to AG for years, but there’s no way it can be on if the forecast is correct. I’ve just had to tell everyone at work to work from home as it’s too dangerous to venture out by car and it’s only going to get worse later.

For City to expect people to travel in this would be madness. Although after the season ticket fiasco, they’ll probably think it’s a good idea :whistle:

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Would be on if it was on Sunday as well.  Just put it back 24 hours!

Bristol Rugby are supposed to be home on Sunday so no chance this can happen.

Strangely enough the forecast around here has changed overnight - snow today, Saturday and Sunday has changed to snow today BUT light rain and 1 to 2 degrees Saturday and light rain and 4 or 5 degrees Sunday so slight chance of a big thaw in time for rugby game but not city.

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

Can we have an update photo this morning??:thumbsup:

Actually it didn’t get much worse overnight despite the forecast and so far this morning it’s stopped snowing and the forecast is now only showing light snow.  Still can’t see it thawing enough for the match to go ahead. (This is about 10 mins walk from AG).

image.jpg

14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, the pitch is heated.  The attendance on Saturday looks like being a big fat zero though.

They may cancel tomorrow before the Wednesday team travel.

Wednesday are already here,after playing Swansea Tuesday on Tuesday, they stayed down here,I would have thought 

5 minutes ago, Northred said:

Wednesday are already here,after playing Swansea Tuesday on Tuesday, they stayed down here,I would have thought 

I doubt it. We don`t if we have Tuesday/Saturday games up north. I think the theory is the players recover better if they get a few days at home with family.

Archived