IGNORED

Conspiracy theory No. 29 .... season ticket prices

headhunter

With regard to the furore on season ticket prices for 2018/19 I think the club are hedging their bets on whether we go up or not.

Clearly were we to be in the Prem next season [now highly unlikely IMO] those Lower Lansdown seats could be sold at a highly inflated price and many of them even higher to max out on corporate hospitality demand.

Now, once our chance of promotion has gone the club can appease the fans by saying "we listened to you" and revert back to a more acceptable pricing regime for the Lower Lansdown in the knowledge that it will be as you were in the Championship!

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

With regard to the furore on season ticket prices for 2018/19 I think the club are hedging their bets on whether we go up or not.

Clearly were we to be in the Prem next season [now highly unlikely IMO] those Lower Lansdown seats could be sold at a highly inflated price and many of them even higher to max out on corporate hospitality demand.

Now, once our chance of promotion has gone the club can appease the fans by saying "we listened to you" and revert back to a more acceptable pricing regime for the Lower Lansdown in the knowledge that it will be as you were in the Championship!

Can sort of see that.  Although, by the time the season ticket deadline arrives in a few weeks, we may not be any the wiser about whether we have a good chance of going up, so how will they know to change plans / refund fans etc?

30 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I think they've already realised we are unlikely to make it and have priced accordingly. Otherwise they'd be screaming about the Premier$hip all out their release. I'd be happy to pay x% extra (across the board) now as a Premiership price, with say a guarantee of y% back (or off next years season ticket if we didn't make it. Of course the rational part of me can't understand why st's are offered this early anyway.

It seems that the Lower Lansdown is being earmarked as the big money earner for the club.

If it helps buy better players, or offer extra money to Flint (and the other stars), potentially keeping them at the club longer, then let's just hope it works.

My question is, does the club have that many wealthy fans happy to pay more to have exactly the same view as the Dolman?

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It seems that the Lower Lansdown is being earmarked as the big money earner for the club.

If it helps buy better players, or offer extra money to Flint (and the other stars), potentially keeping them at the club longer, then let's just hope it works.

My question is, does the club have that many wealthy fans happy to pay more to have exactly the same view as the Dolman?

Not in the Championship.  No chance whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Not in the Championship.  No chance whatsoever.

This is what baffles me, I don't understand why the Lansdown is far more expensive.  The POTD costs are obscene.  What are the 'extra' benefits (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)?

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

This is what baffles me, I don't understand why the Lansdown is far more expensive.  The POTD costs are obscene.  What are the 'extra' benefits (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)?

You are officially allowed to miss the first ten minutes of the second half without being verbally abused.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Aren't the seats a bit bigger? Very cosy in the Dolman, especially when you get a bunch of biggish blokes sitting together (I speak from experience).

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I sit in the lower Lansdown and apart from more leg room there are no benefits. The football of late looks just as bad from here. (You can of course shout at LJ easier)

2 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Aren't the seats a bit bigger? Very cosy in the Dolman, especially when you get a bunch of biggish blokes sitting together (I speak from experience).

Seat size could explain it a bit - I'm almost 6'3 and often prefer to straddle 2 seats, so yes, it does get tight when there are other bigger people around.

1 minute ago, marmite said:

I sit in the lower Lansdown and apart from more leg room there are no benefits. The football of late looks just as bad from here. (You can of course shout at LJ easier)

I think you've nailed it with your final thought - Lee Johnson is sick and tired of all the kids shouting at him during the bad games - perhaps it is a bit intimidating!  Shift them out, or up to the top.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I think you've nailed it with your final thought - Lee Johnson is sick and tired of all the kids shouting at him during the bad games - perhaps it is a bit intimidating!  Shift them out, or up to the top.

They are bigger than him.  Of course its intimidating.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Take it from me its not just the kids!!

50 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

no sun in your eyes and more sheltered from the prevailing winds as well. up to half way up the dolman you may as well be sat in the open even with the roof extension.

Did the club not rise this season’s prices too much due to the uncertainty of being in league 1? 

My finance manager (aka Wife) deals with sorting out the season tickets etc so I can vaguely remember her saying they’ve not really gone up much. 

If true perhaps the clubs bundled the two years increases in. 

I don’t like the deadline being short and can appreciate that some will suffer. But lucky enough this year we are able to get them in on time. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Mmmmm if only they were that bright... 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think they're moving out all the youngsters away from the Lansdown so that when we implement safe standing near section 82 and in the south stand there will likely be more youngsters (who would stand up) in that area.

Why the need to move anyone?  Make tickets available for any person in any section and charge a fair price.  People will choose the areas that suit them best.

A bit like a football club.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Why the need to move anyone?  Make tickets available for any person in any section and charge a fair price.  People will choose the areas that suit them best.

A bit like a football club.

Just my conspiracy theory, the lansdown stand is the moneymaker isn't it so I can understand moving the youngsters elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Just my conspiracy theory, the lansdown stand is the moneymaker isn't it so I can understand moving the youngsters elsewhere. 

It will be making no more money in the Championship.

Any additional money in the Prem will be marginal (against the riches of TV money) as it would be full anyway.

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

With the ground having been near to capacity on several occasions they obviously feel they can increase revenue by raising prices even if it means the attendances going down a bit. It doesn't pay to let their premium seats go for under £20.

Archived