IGNORED

Corporate Seatso

davidoldfart

What is all this crap about the Lower Lansdown and Corporate seats ? There are more dedicated City supporters in the Landsdown than corporates...furthermore many of the supporters who eat in the Landsdown and  other lounges are not corporates but true City fans who choose to spend their hard earned money with the club. Others may choose to spend on fags/drink/holidays etc and that is their choice,some prefer to invest their time and money supporting the club through thick and thin.And yes,I still supported when we fell from 1st to 4th divisions.That is what supporters do. So less of the Corporates and Prawn sandwich brigade,more about "real supporters" ,some of whom forgo many other pleasures in life to follow their team.

3 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

What is all this crap about the Lower Lansdown and Corporate seats ? There are more dedicated City supporters in the Landsdown than corporates...furthermore many of the supporters who eat in the Landsdown and  other lounges are not corporates but true City fans who choose to spend their hard earned money with the club. Others may choose to spend on fags/drink/holidays etc and that is their choice,some prefer to invest their time and money supporting the club through thick and thin.And yes,I still supported when we fell from 1st to 4th divisions.That is what supporters do. So less of the Corporates and Prawn sandwich brigade,more about "real supporters" ,some of whom forgo many other pleasures in life to follow their team.

You don't share Mark Ashton's DNA :)

4 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

Well I’ve been going since 84 and in all that time I have never ever heard such silence in any part of the ground , like the Lansdown or even a debate / discussion where I currently sit . Am changing next season to South . Great view but crap atmosphere and that is not all to do with corporates . 

15 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

What an utterly bizarre post, nobody is having a go at people that spend their hard earned money to watch football, they’re having a go at the force who are preventing those from doing just that. 

Sorry BarnzFM not bizarre, there have been numerous posts recently alluding to Corporates being the reason for pricing changes. (Read OTIB posts).Clearly the changes want to maximise income from this area of the ground,if it were your business And your money at risk you would probably do the same. Let us not forget the real motive behind the changes, maximise income so that the club can continue to invest in both facilities and improve the team. We all want BCFC to be the very best it can be and that takes money. As many posters have commented, good family enclosures at low cost /affordable cost have been made available so not preventing anyone from attending matches.

1 minute ago, davidoldfart said:

Sorry BarnzFM not bizarre, there have been numerous posts recently alluding to Corporates being the reason for pricing changes. (Read OTIB posts).Clearly the changes want to maximise income from this area of the ground,if it were your business And your money at risk you would probably do the same. Let us not forget the real motive behind the changes, maximise income so that the club can continue to invest in both facilities and improve the team. We all want BCFC to be the very best it can be and that takes money. As many posters have commented, good family enclosures at low cost /affordable cost have been made available so not preventing anyone from attending matches.

Given a U-turn of sorts, the business plan is obviously pretty flexible.

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Given a U-turn of sorts, the business plan is obviously pretty flexible.

At least no one can say that the club does not listen to its supporters. Furthermore the initial comment was made in support of us many fans who pay to sit in the Landsdown and are fed up of being labelled "Corporates" or Prawn sandwich rather than getting embroiled in the ST discussions.:P

7 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

....the initial comment was made in support of us many fans who pay to sit in the Landsdown and are fed up of being labelled "Corporates" or Prawn sandwich....

I agree with this...I did my ‘apprenticeship’ in the real East End in the 70s and 80s then moved to the Enclosure in front of the Williams Stand then moved up into the Williams seats....totally fed up of young plonkers in the ‘seated East End’ of the 90s having a go at people who sat in the Williams, now Lansdown, over the years when they never ever created an atmosphere that could ever touch the noise created by the real East End....they continually called the gnarly, proper, old school supporters ‘quiet’ and ‘boring’ and ‘obviously corporate’ - they hadn’t and haven’t got a clue, when I was in the Williams and Lansdown I was surrounded by old boys who have followed this club up and down the country through thin and thin....and we laughed at the spotty Stone Island generation who thought they were superior....

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I agree with this...I did my ‘apprenticeship’ in the real East End in the 70s and 80s then moved to the Enclosure in front of the Williams Stand then moved up into the Williams seats....totally fed up of young plonkers in the ‘seated East End’ of the 90s having a go at people who sat in the Williams, now Lansdown, over the years when they never ever created an atmosphere that could ever touch the noise created by the real East End....they continually called the gnarly, proper, old school supporters ‘quiet’ and ‘boring’ and ‘obviously corporate’ - they hadn’t and haven’t got a clue, when I was in the Williams and Lansdown I was surrounded by old boys who have followed this club up and down the country through thin and thin....and we laughed at the spotty Stone Island generation who thought they were superior....

Exactly this. 

To many on here can’t wait to make snide remarks about Corporate or Suits types yet seem to have forgotten that Steve Lansdown - who is doing a fantastic job and has has bank rolled the club for many years, is in fact a Suit himself!!

It takes all sorts to support a club and I suspect many Corporate or Suits are not only paying for their season tickets but are also sponsors for the endless amount of assets required to make the club function. 

Many of us have made the transition from the building site that is now the Dolman, to hiding under the hospital broadcast box in the Open End to the mental 70’s in the East End proper.

It’s about time we were allowed some comfort at our age!

4 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Exactly this. 

To many on here can’t wait to make snide remarks about Corporate or Suits types yet seem to have forgotten that Steve Lansdown - who is doing a fantastic job and has has bank rolled the club for many years, is in fact a Suit himself!!

It takes all sorts to support a club and I suspect many Corporate or Suits are not only paying for their season tickets but are also sponsors for the endless amount of assets required to make the club function. 

Many of us have made the transition from the building site that is now the Dolman, to hiding under the hospital broadcast box in the Open End to the mental 70’s in the East End proper.

It’s about time we were allowed some comfort at our age!

I think people are most concerned by those that aren't yet visiting AG but will arrive with their cash as and when promotion arrives. 

That's who we seem to be preparing for.

We certainly won't be filling the Lansdown lower with our current, attending fan base in the championship. 

Archived