IGNORED

Corner turned?

SedRA

Personally I feel that whilst this was a great performance and some of the attacking play in the first half was sublime, we should not get carried away with this result and thinking that a corner has been turned. Wednesday were very poor and didn't really test our mettle in any meaningful way. 

I hope LJ thinks this too as I feel one of the main issues with this group is that they are susceptible to complacency quite easily.

If we do something up at Preston then we can start to think they've got back in the right mindset.  

Preston play the way that we always seem to struggle with, and are on good form. Equally, today must have given our side some confidence.

Unlike Cardiff, just hope LJ does not over think it, puts out a team that can play ‘his way’, and if we lose we lose. Owe them for last year mind. Think it is only them and Birmingham left who can do the double on us this year?

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Preston play the way that we always seem to struggle with, and are on good form. Equally, today must have given our side sine confidence.

Unlike Cardiff, just hope LJ does not over think it, puts out a team that can play ‘his way’, and if we lose we lose. Owe them for last year mind.

Yes, just try and play "our way"  if we lose then so be it, as long as we give it a go !

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Preston play the way that we always seem to struggle with, and are on good form. Equally, today must have given our side some confidence.

Unlike Cardiff, just hope LJ does not over think it, puts out a team that can play ‘his way’, and if we lose we lose. Owe them for last year mind. Think it is only them and Birmingham left who can do the double on us this year?

Yes it is. It was those two plus Leeds - all three of our bogey sides in recent years. Still, despite our best efforts, Leeds didn`t do it.

10 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not yet. Fulham was good but Cardiff simply terrible. Today we were playing a team in shocking form and a shed load of injuries. Some ice attacking play though. Get Baker back in and I would be happy with the team. Must end our horrible run against Preston...

Ice attacking play ? 

So not just on the roads then Fawlty ? 

Don't know, Wednesday were very poor, but it was a bloody good team performance and result and it was even better to have our right back, back. I'm just going to enjoy this moment and not get my hopes up.  Ask the question after the Preston game if we play as convincingly and win.

I think the whole “corner turned” thing is often suggested and often not the case. It’s one good win but it doesn’t mean we’re suddenly going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season, which seems to be what the notion of “turning a corner” suggests.

We played well v Fulham but were utterly horrific v Cardiff. Let’s enjoy the win but let’s also appreciate that this is a tough division where most teams results are generally pretty inconsistent and not very predictable.

Can’t say we have turned a corner but going back to playing football after that horror show at Cardiff where we tried to out-Warnock a Warnock team is good enough for me and if we are to fail this season let’s do it playing our way not following that pile of shite.

I don't like to put a downer on things but, last season when we beat Huddersfield 4-0 I think a lot of us saw that as "a corner turned", we then lost our next two away games including a 5-0 defeat at Preston. We really could do without that particular sequence being an omen.

After watching that performance yesterday I don't see why we can't get back up there. This really is our season and it'd be criminal to let it go tits up. Just got to sort out our second half performances, because we seem to just slow down and make silly errors like not clearing the ball in time. Like Maggy, he nearly lost the ball again in our box where I was yelling just clear the bloody thing. Apart from that, can't really complain though can't say I wasn't nervous at half time...

Archived