IGNORED

Banned for use of a bad word?

Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I am not going to dispute your a Liverpudlian one of my brother in laws was born in Bristol and probably conceived there but claims to be welsh  

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

:blink::unsure:

I was being sarcastic towards another poster who seemed to think I was a Scouser as I called Harry Kane a 'see you next Tuesday' :D 

46 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

I was being sarcastic towards another poster who seemed to think I was a Scouser as I called Harry Kane a 'see you next Tuesday' :D 

No need to worry about it I was just taking the piss out of my brother in law but this year I didn't really need too, the nz tmo did it for me.

There used to be a chap who sat upstairs in the Williams Stand in the late '60's who used to shout "Hitler's dead, ref!" every time the said official upset him! He'd be fairly vocal now - excepting  the matches he was banned of course. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Midred said:

There used to be a chap who sat upstairs in the Williams Stand in the late '60's who used to shout "Hitler's dead, ref!" every time the said official upset him! He'd be fairly vocal now - excepting  the matches he was banned of course. :whistle:

I'm gonna use that, thats ******* amazing. The S23 ultras will love that one.

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bound to be more to this story than he wants you to know. For all we know he may have been repeatedly warned about bad behaviour etc. Seems very extreme otherwise. 

That was my first thought, when I read this. 

Notably, he was “sat by the tunnel”

I doubt he casually shouted those comments across to HK and it’s probably more a case of aggressive & abusive behaviour towards him. 

Quite different to just shouting one bad word from a safe distance. 

blimey, giving opposing players a hard time used to be part and parcel of the matchday experience! remember goalies get some right royal roastings by the east end in the days of the terraces, and god forbid if you played for the gas. I credit the cider monsters who stood between pillars 3 and 4 with expanding my vocabulary quite considerably. 

Anyhow, probably the worst abuse I ever dished out myself was to John Aldridge when he dived for a penalty in front of the Atyeo. went to the tunnel at half-time to give him a proper earful and he looked me straight in the eye and gave me a grin and a cheeky wink - hat's off to him! 

19 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I will accept a club banning fans for swearing, so long as the same applies to the players. 

I think players do get banned for specifically singling our supporters and calling them “*****” in earshot of the authorities. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

That was my first thought, when I read this. 

Notably, he was “sat by the tunnel”

I doubt he casually shouted those comments across to HK and it’s probably more a case of aggressive & abusive behaviour towards him. 

Quite different to just shouting one bad word from a safe distance. 

Still though, to possibly ban him for rest of season...(would have to know exact context etc).

Unless it was a figment of my imagination, I've been going nearly 20 years, I'm quite sure that when we used to have an Appalling/ seemingly biased ref or similar, people would gather at the front of the stand by the tunnel and let the ref or whoever know about it in less than polite terms...

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still though, to possibly ban him for rest of season...(would have to know exact context etc).

Unless it was a figment of my imagination, I've been going nearly 20 years, I'm quite sure that when we used to have an Appalling/ seemingly biased ref or similar, people would gather at the front of the stand by the tunnel and let the ref or whoever know about it in less than polite terms...

if you pay the money you can say any reasonable words you want , just be careful what you say.

Archived