IGNORED

Bryan Banned

JasonM88

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s only 24 I’m sure he’ll get there. 

I do question his temperament though.

I personally question is attitude. Hes clearly a lovely kid but his concentration levels are poor at times. 

There are times where he just seems to breeze through games with a very laid back attitude

9 hours ago, Midred said:

I think it's probably been asked before, has Kent got a minimum no. of games to play in his contract? He seems to remind me of Freeman - plenty of fancy moves but no end product, (bar one assist?).

I always thought Liverpool’s insistance was that a player ‘has to play a minimum of x minutes when fit and available’, that’s what we had in place for Tammy. We haven’t played Kent in all the games so maybe we paid the fine or his agreement is different, which would be unusual I believe.

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I personally question is attitude. Hes clearly a lovely kid but his concentration levels are poor at times. 

There are times where he just seems to breeze through games with a very laid back attitude

Joe would walk into any team at this level. A level apart 

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Also interesting to see wolves, Cardiff, derby and villa in the top 6 of the fair play league. we’re 19th !!!! 

Cardiff?  That's amazing!!!

You get a yellow for anything these days.  Perhaps the period where we couldn't rotate because of injury, and the nature of our aggressive high pressing game, may have contributed?

We can make improvements (some of Bryan's have been plain silly) but I don't think we are a dirty team or should alter how we play.

4 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Joe would walk into any team at this level. A level apart 

No chance. 

I’ll give you Barry Douglas, Ryan Sessegnon, Neil Taylor, Marcus Olsen, George Friend, Joe Bennett just for starters. Bryan does not get into the team ahead of any of those if he’s at their clubs. 

You can probably make a case for Greg Cunningham, Enda Stevens, Rico Henry, Morgan Fox & Danny Fox too. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

No chance. 

I’ll give you Barry Douglas, Ryan Sessegnon, Neil Taylor, Marcus Olsen, George Friend, Joe Bennett just for starters. Bryan does not get into the team ahead of any of those if he’s at their clubs. 

You can probably make a case for Greg Cunningham, Enda Stevens, Rico Henry, Morgan Fox & Danny Fox too. 

Yes he does, ahead of all of them. Mainly because Sessegnon is not a left back 

41 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Yes he does, ahead of all of them. Mainly because Sessegnon is not a left back 

And neither is Joe.

If you seriously believe Joe gets picked ahead of those others if he’s at that club then you need to remove your City-specs. 

Not happening. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

And neither is Joe.

If you seriously believe Joe gets picked ahead of those others if he’s at that club then you need to remove your City-specs. 

Not happening. 

You’re in your own little ******* bubble mate. George Friend? Enda Stevens? Morgan ******* Fox? Now **** off and find me that block button. I’ve grown tired of you constantly putting down Bryan. 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

No chance. 

I’ve highlighted the ones I put in a post a few weeks back.....although I’m taking back Cunningham!

I still think he’s decent....but not as good as those above.  I might have included Taylor too, but can’t remember.

He was lucky to get away with not getting a yellow a bit earlier too.

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

You’re in your own little ******* bubble mate. George Friend? Enda Stevens? Morgan ******* Fox? Now **** off and find me that block button. I’ve grown tired of you constantly putting down Bryan. 

Absolutely George Friend. He’s been a consistent performer for a good team making over 250 championship & prem level appearances. Joe has just achieved 100 apps at Champ level and has only found consistency of performance at this level in a couple of spells. So yes, Friend gets picked ahead of Joe every day of the week if they’re at the same club. 

Stevens & Fox I said an argument could he made. 

Wowsers, we are very defensive over Joe aren’t we. Any real need to tell me to eff off because you disagree with my opinion. Wow. I think the kids call it ‘salty’ these days don’t they? 

If you want to block me because I have a different opinion then please, go right ahead, I won’t miss you. But if you don’t listen to others opinions then that results in YOU living in a bubble. 

11 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

And the laid back attitude is why he wont make it beyond our level imo. 

Too lazy at times, very laid back and concentration doesnt last for 90 mins. 

Great player no doubt, but definitely has his bad points. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Absolutely George Friend. He’s been a consistent performer for a good team making over 250 championship & prem level appearances. Joe has just achieved 100 apps at Champ level and has only found consistency of performance at this level in a couple of spells. So yes, Friend gets picked ahead of Joe every day of the week if they’re at the same club. 

Wowsers, we are very defensive over Joe aren’t we. Any real need to tell me to eff off because you disagree with my opinion. Wow. I think the kids call it ‘salty’ these days don’t they? 

If you want to block me because I have a different opinion then please, go right ahead, I won’t miss you. But if you don’t listen to others opinions then that results in YOU living in a bubble. 

George Friend is such a top notch LB at this level.  Always liked him, calm, composed, nice left peg, Good crosser.  Not so up to speed on the others Mr Miles poo-pood.

Guessing you saw him in his early days from his time at Exeter.  I hadn’t realised he was a south west boy.

People don’t want to see Bryan’s faults.  You are more critical than most, I think he has a lot going for him (he has his pros and cons).  Then again the same people think Flint is flawless too.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

From your opinion I doubt that you watch that much football, or even know that much about football. The fact that you even put sessegnon in that list displays that. Friend has endlessly been slated this season by Boro fans. Bennett is shit and has been for his career length. Neil Taylor’s struggled for large periods this season. Douglas is the only one that gets near Bryan.

Are we judging Bryan in this context as a left back, a left wing back or a left winger? Makes a difference IMO.

This season, purely as a left back, and purely this season, I'd suggest he is the best of those listed.

As a left winger or left wing back? Douglas is pretty good isn't he?? He was decisive at Ashton Gate in a major game at end of year...that shows real quality. Toss up between those 2.

Sessegnon...great young player, will get better still, but Bryan's experience and versatility makes him a bit better at this time I reckon.

Overall, over his career you'd say Friend... He has experience, he has played in the top 2 divisions a fair bit...but this season Bryan is and has been great, right up there for top left backs in the Championship this season.

22 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Also interesting to see wolves, Cardiff, derby and villa in the top 6 of the fair play league. we’re 19th !!!! 

No, no, no, no....that can’t be correct, the wise sages on here ‘know’ that Warnock sends his teams out to ‘cheat with cynical and illegal acts’ at every opportunity - he’s ‘done it for his entire career’ at ‘every club’ - so how the hell can Cardiff be high up in the fair play league? And how has Neil Warnock survived as a (very successful) manager for 38 years?! I’m non-plussed......

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

From your opinion I doubt that you watch that much football, or even know that much about football. The fact that you even put sessegnon in that list displays that. Friend has endlessly been slated this season by Boro fans. Bennett is shit and has been for his career length. Neil Taylor’s struggled for large periods this season. Douglas is the only one that gets near Bryan.

Didn’t block me then?

Nice put downs but I can assure you that I watch plenty of football and know a lot about it. I have, for a number of years, been paid to scout for professional football clubs. I think my credentials would stack up a lot better than yours. 

Your comments re Sessegnon are an act of a lost argument. Whenever he is mentioned in any press he is referred to as a left back. I am fully aware that he’s been mainly operating in a more advanced role - something I’ve pointed out many times on this forum. As with JB, he is better going forward. But when having a ‘left back’ debate, both are included in the conversation as both are considered as being left backs by their clubs as their primary position. 

Anyway. There are many opinions on JB. Mine is that he is not a natural left back and that is showing more and more in his game - and more people are beginning to spot this. I’ve seen it for 5 years though. 

Archived