IGNORED

Decision Making

Williams' Penalty

Quite a few tactical decisions that really baffled me today.

First thing, free kicks. Now I understand the whole principle of taking quick free kicks along the ground to play free flowing football, that fits right in with Johnson's "brand" of football. But what is really quite ridiculous is players passing the ball from a quick free kicks to someone about 2yards away from them, and then that player booting it up the pitch towards the box.

When thinking about it is actually comical in how illogical it is, if it's gunna be booted up the pitch, set up properly and try and make something of a set piece, rather than wasting a free kick.

The second thing that was unusual was the substitutions. Going forward I think the biggest problem we had was the ball sticking or that final pass. In that case, how the hell can you justify bringing Kent on, pretty ludicrous. 

Finally, Wright, as I've said before, is average at right back. So why on earth wasn't Pisano put on the pitch in the final 20minutes. It would prevent the slow pace attacking that Bailey brings. It seemed an obvious sub, and if he wasn't fit enough to play 20mins, don't put him on the bench.

These are some of the reasons I think we got the result we did today, as well as a few basic errors such as passing behind players etc.

Instead of, however, everyone screaming and shouting about how rubbish Johnson is, or how Mags is rubbish and this run is unacceptable it would be far better if certain posters actually put forward their opinins of reasons for our bad performance and run. 

Personally, Lee's bad runs are a mystery to me, no idea why they happen- would be very impressed if some of these critics could enlighten me as to what he has done wrong over the last few weeks that has caused this dip. 

Jon, if you were there you would have seen PNE's body language was our 2nd half tempo worried them and they wasted time from 47th minute and they dropped a player back. The equaliser scared them and they all shouted at each other indicating a City onslaught (which they might have got had PNE not got an immediate lead). Sometimes hindsight is too helpful but Hodor for Kent immediately worked so cant knock it. At 1-1 and them looking worried, i think it was correct to push for 3 points; we have done that all season and naturally we are seeing that sometimes it works BUT sometimes it doesnt.

If we go 1-0 tomorrow on 50 mins are you suggesting we sit deep? I would go for the 2nd. Each to their own

On 3/6/2018 at 22:19, Williams' Penalty said:

First thing, free kicks. Now I understand the whole principle of taking quick free kicks along the ground to play free flowing football, that fits right in with Johnson's "brand" of football. But what is really quite ridiculous is players passing the ball from a quick free kicks to someone about 2yards away from them, and then that player booting it up the pitch towards the box.

When thinking about it is actually comical in how illogical it is, if it's gunna be booted up the pitch, set up properly and try and make something of a set piece, rather than wasting a free kick.

The second thing that was unusual was the substitutions. Going forward I think the biggest problem we had was the ball sticking or that final pass. In that case, how the hell can you justify bringing Kent on, pretty ludicrous. 

Finally, Wright, as I've said before, is average at right back. So why on earth wasn't Pisano put on the pitch in the final 20minutes. It would prevent the slow pace attacking that Bailey brings. It seemed an obvious sub, and if he wasn't fit enough to play 20mins, don't put him on the bench.

These are some of the reasons I think we got the result we did today, as well as a few basic errors such as passing behind players etc.

Instead of, however, everyone screaming and shouting about how rubbish Johnson is, or how Mags is rubbish and this run is unacceptable it would be far better if certain posters actually put forward their opinins of reasons for our bad performance and run. 

Personally, Lee's bad runs are a mystery to me, no idea why they happen- would be very impressed if some of these critics could enlighten me as to what he has done wrong over the last few weeks that has caused this dip. 

Its statistically more successful to move the ball then box it ... Although in Bristol City case this may not be true. 

On 06/03/2018 at 22:19, Williams' Penalty said:

Pisano was warming up ready to come on, but didn’t feel quite right, so Lee sat him back down.  As for putting him on the bench in the first place, we won’t know that, but assume he felt ok pre-game.  Sometimes it’s difficult to keep warm on night games, and bearing in mind he’s just come back from a hammer, i’m glad he wasn’t risked.  

Archived