IGNORED

Ambulant S/T

Redmycolour

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rob Wood is the disabled wheelchair user liaison...absolutely smashing bloke....he was going to resign over the summer, but resigned last night instead.  He called me last night.  He was not impressed

When things like this happen then it really really is time for this diabolical situation to be sorted out. This thread and the thread on the meeting last night are making me feel angry, embarrassed and ultimately incredibly sad about how my fellow supporters - generally the most vulnerable amongst us - are being treated in different areas. It’s a f’in disgrace in fact. The City hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves. 

11 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It was my lowlight from last night. There was one gentleman who gave a very passionate speech on the issue and resigned from his position (chairman of BCFC disabled fans or something like that). I fear it fell on deaf ears. 

That was Rob. He’s been chair of the Bristol City disabled supporters association for over 20 years :( 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

That was Rob. He’s been chair of the Bristol City disabled supporters association for over 20 years :( 

I'm sure it will be water off a duck's back for those present from Bristol Sport. Utterly meaningless to them. 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

When things like this happen then it really really is time for this diabolical situation to be sorted out. This thread and the thread on the meeting last night are making me feel angry, embarrassed and ultimately incredibly sad about how my fellow supporters - generally the most vulnerable amongst us - are being treated in different areas. It’s a f’in disgrace in fact. The City hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves. 

Agree. This is much, much more than a few disgruntled fans reacting to rising ticket prices.

I was sat close to Rob last night and heard the emotion in his voice when he said “I’m done”. 

Anyone who was there last night will have seen the contempt that Ashton and others have for the most loyal of our support.

I didn’t know of Rob before last night, but to see and hear his reactions, coupled with the above plaudits has really saddened me.

The owner and management need to act quickly as this social engineering could very well rip the heart out of our core support. Their treatment of the disabled and families in particular is disgusting.

We need to stand together, stick up for the likes of Rob who have given this club so much over the years and somehow force a change.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, makes a real fuss of Joe.  They have some nice banter together.  This was one of the kind things he did, asking Joe to help present the end of season player awards.

6AA35ECB-CD5A-4167-A456-219B2964564F.thumb.jpeg.9f886e938a4eeb68815a50d1734ee5ba.jpeg

Any way you could crop out the bloke in the top right? :whistle:

Great photo though! Is that George Saville just behind Wilbs?

2 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Agree. This is much, much more than a few disgruntled fans reacting to rising ticket prices.

I was sat close to Rob last night and heard the emotion in his voice when he said “I’m done”. 

Anyone who was there last night will have seen the contempt that Ashton and others have for the most loyal of our support.

I didn’t know of Rob before last night, but to see and hear his reactions, coupled with the above plaudits has really saddened me.

The owner and management need to act quickly as this social engineering could very well rip the heart out of our core support. Their treatment of the disabled and families in particular is disgusting.

We need to stand together, stick up for the likes of Rob who have given this club so much over the years and somehow force a change.

Ashton's only language is money, so it will be renewals and concessions. How about we don't renew (at least for now) and avoid the shop and concessions until further notice? 

#BoycottAshtonGateFoodAndDrink

as a disabled supporter I find the clubs silence deafening . are they all to busy to respond or is it that they are to embarrassed . so correct me if I am wrong but I believe the club have stated that it would be  discriminating against abele bodied supporters if they discounted disabled supporters tickets . the discrimination act in short says you cant discarnate  against someone on the grounds of race disability age sex act  . so by offering discounts based on age young and old and not for disability  they are braking the law  . any other disabled supporters fill strongly about this msg me please

17 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Ran out of likes mate but I couldn’t agree more - we need to support our fellow reds. Boycotting the stadium outlets will be the start as will not renewing until something is done. Let’s spread the word on this - at least around our friends and family that we go with, and see what happens - hopefully the powers that be will see sense. 

2 hours ago, GIBBO THE GREAT said:

mr Torpy was adamant and became quite aggressive to the point that BCFC had not broken any rules and justified  the price rises, kept quoting the EQA act of 2010 said i could wait until the end of the month incase of a new development told my son not to hold his breath

I'd never advocate securing an opinion from Counsel (Cloisters and/or Matrix Chambers might well be interested) as to the stance, on this issue, from a club that I love and have supported since the age of nine. However, I can't help but think if someone took up the baton on this (not just viz. BCFC, but disabled football fans in general) that it could provide some fertile ground for investigation. Legally, I am of the view that the club are adopting a polar-opposite perspective (for whatever reason) than is the common sense, reasonable stance - the EqA 2010, and all legislation like it, presupposes a focus on protected characteristics/the minority/the marginalised group/the persecuted, however you wish to label. Not those of us, however fortunate, who are male/white/straight/able bodied etc etc, e.g. the majority of football fans (I suspect). 

Call me a snowflake, Millennial, bleeding heart liberal but this stinks of a blatant injustice and it should be called out as such, regardless of how much we love our club and have supported them, on the pitch, through thick & thin. 

Our disabled supporters are just as red as the rest of us and we should stand (or sit ;) ) by them as such. 

I just wish this wasn't happening at a club that I love so dearly and is such an intrinsic part of me; a constant (in)glorious presence throughout my formative years, but sometimes you just gotta holler from the rooftops when something doesn't feel right!!!

In solidarity to my fellow, disabled reds - I trust that common sense prevails, yet, failing that, I hope we can all chip in a tenner for an opinion from Counsel - it will provide a real, valuable step forward, for better or worse.

15 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Wrong way round, it's not the club. There are some 'political types' who'd consider being offered a concession a derogatory gesture - "don't assume I can't afford to pay......" Its strange times we live in. As I said, offer the concession and anybody daft enough to demand paying more then let them do so....

In order to obtain the concession, people usually have to provide evidence of their disability.  Surely any ambulent disabled supporters who felt affronted by reduced prices would not bother to apply?

It sounds to me like the club are trying to turn the 2010 legislation on it's head to support their price increases.  Do they have no idea that a lot of disabled people have to rely on benefits, and it can be a struggle to afford even the previously reduced prices?  For some, the fortnightly trip to football is the highlight of their lives - and now it will be out of reach for many of them.

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

....ambulent disabled supporters who felt affronted by reduced prices would not bother to apply?

NB. Doesn't need to be a customer to be offended or take action. Any political activist wishing to make a point could object. BUT........

As per my original response the club is hiding behind a false assumption - there are mechanisms available within the Act to allow for differential pricing. So whilst all should be equal the Act recognises some are not and makes allowance for those seeking to achieve parity.

Archived