IGNORED

Steve Bruce - Complains of Lack of Finances

Lrrr

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I personally find comments about people’s families unnecessary. I accept football is a tribal game, and of course ‘banter’ is one of the ways it’s expressed.

I understand, the guy has recently lost his father and his mother is unwell , it just felt inappropriate in my opinion.

Having said that the term I used was inappropriate, and I would like to apologise 

They aren't really his kids.

I accept your apology .

My ol' mum used to say " that was a bit near the knuckle " when a joke , according to her, was in poor taste .

I don't set out to hurt anyone but sometimes my humour offends certain sensibilities.

To those people I would just like to say ' tough titty ' . 

:pacifier:

On 10/03/2018 at 10:18, WarksRobin said:

Another manager who only delivers success when he has substantially more funds than the competition. 

Is that really true? The Villa owner Tony Xia’s net worth is £990 million - compare that to Steve Lansdown’s net worth of over £1.6 Billion ...... and lots of Championship teams have had parachute payments after relegation from the premier league - we are one of only five teams in this division that haven’t been in the premier league.

Steve Bruce has won promotion to the premier league four times, it is far too simplistic to say it’s all down to funds, because it isn’t...

23 hours ago, Swede said:

I really feel sorry for him he's so hard done by. He's just as deluded as his fan base.

One idiot phoned in on 5 Live saying Jack Grealish should be in the England World Cup squad. 

22 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He has been on fine form tbf,people are also clamouring for sessegnon at Fulham to be included as well,couldn’t make it up

Why not to either of them?  Get them involved, both certainly have potential.  Only 14 (17 in friendlies) can get on the pitch, give them a chance to get used to their surroundings.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is that really true? The Villa owner Tony Xia’s net worth is £990 million - compare that to Steve Lansdown’s net worth of over £1.6 Billion ...... and lots of Championship teams have had parachute payments after relegation from the premier league - we are one of only five teams in this division that haven’t been in the premier league.

Steve Bruce has won promotion to the premier league four times, it is far too simplistic to say it’s all down to funds, because it isn’t...

Sorry, I don’t see what Steve Lansdown has to do with anything here. My point is Steve Bruce only seems to do well with clubs where there is either a substantial cash input from the owner or they have parachute payments.

Steve Bruce won promotion with sides when they had lots of money to spend, and struggled against sides with similar funding in the PL. 

On 10/03/2018 at 08:35, harrys said:

Yet it’s ok when Villa can spend £15 Million on Kodjia and blast any other team in the Championship outof the water when it comes to buying/loaning any other top player in the division, maybe he should sample what it’s like being manager of Barnsley or PNE who constantly have to sell their best players. I love it when managers whinge after their club spend billions then all of a sudden another club comes along and spend billions more and all of a sudden it’s “so unfair”

I dread the day when it is billions. Hopefully long after we have all gone.

11 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The lack of personal fitness is a bigger issue 

Lets leave Bruce's red nose out of this. Its a little personal.

Archived