IGNORED

A glimpse of your future..?!

Bar BS3

On 3/24/2018 at 09:48, Bar BS3 said:

Football free Saturday’s. Shite aren’t they..?! 

Sometimes by the Summer it can be ok to have a few weeks to yourself, before the boredom kicks in and anticipation of the new season starts to build. But, in the middle of the season, when the outcome of a long 9 months is still unknown, these 2 week gaps are dire and punctuated more so on a Saturday, when pre match rituals become redundant and the day feels extremely flat. 

For those thinking about not renewing season tickets, or claiming to be “falling out of love” this is a glimpse of your future, my friends..! 

Ok, so some may take in a non league fix today. Some may still have gotten their fix from the England game last night. Some may actually enjoy “the break” and go shopping with the Mrs or complete the DIY that’s been on hold. 

For me, I can’t imagine the torture of “my” City being in action a couple of miles away and not being there, not being part of the roller coaster ride and the general matchday experience. Mod course you can POTD, but that’s FAR more costly and there’s no guarantee of the seat you want. 

Roll on Friday and seeing how this season is going to play out. 

CTID  

Bar BS3, I've read a few of your posts over the last few weeks r.e. this whole season ticket fiasco. It's clear you don't have an issue with the prices etc, which is great, glad to hear you've renewed and you'll be cheering the boys on next season. I also agree wholeheartedly that Saturday's without a few pre-match beers, meeting up with friends and watching City would be dire and no doubt boring.

But the point I think you're missing is that because you personally are okay with everything, others might not be. I'm disgusted with the way the club has adopted their season ticket approach and this comes at a time when the atmosphere has been dreadful and on-pitch form not hitting expectations. Due to the lack of notice I simply do not have the money to renew right now, so can't. Likewise, chaps I work with have decided they can no longer afford to go due to kids ticket increases.

As I said, fair play to you and I'm happy you can continue your Saturday routine and support, but no need to take aim at people who haven't renewed for a number of reasons. Doesn't make them less a supporter and I'm sure they're fully aware their Saturday's won't be the same from now on.

2 hours ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Bar BS3, I've read a few of your posts over the last few weeks r.e. this whole season ticket fiasco. It's clear you don't have an issue with the prices etc, which is great, glad to hear you've renewed and you'll be cheering the boys on next season. I also agree wholeheartedly that Saturday's without a few pre-match beers, meeting up with friends and watching City would be dire and no doubt boring.

But the point I think you're missing is that because you personally are okay with everything, others might not be. I'm disgusted with the way the club has adopted their season ticket approach and this comes at a time when the atmosphere has been dreadful and on-pitch form not hitting expectations. Due to the lack of notice I simply do not have the money to renew right now, so can't. Likewise, chaps I work with have decided they can no longer afford to go due to kids ticket increases.

As I said, fair play to you and I'm happy you can continue your Saturday routine and support, but no need to take aim at people who haven't renewed for a number of reasons. Doesn't make them less a supporter and I'm sure they're fully aware their Saturday's won't be the same from now on.

I think you’ve mis read the point of my thread here. It’s was about Saturday’s being rubbish without football. Mentioning that people might consider it before not renewing is not having a dig at anyone. 

I haven’t renewed yet. I can’t afford it really, but I’ll sort it somehow. 

On 24/03/2018 at 09:48, Bar BS3 said:

Football free Saturday’s. Shite aren’t they..?! 

Sometimes by the Summer it can be ok to have a few weeks to yourself, before the boredom kicks in and anticipation of the new season starts to build. But, in the middle of the season, when the outcome of a long 9 months is still unknown, these 2 week gaps are dire and punctuated more so on a Saturday, when pre match rituals become redundant and the day feels extremely flat. 

For those thinking about not renewing season tickets, or claiming to be “falling out of love” this is a glimpse of your future, my friends..! 

Ok, so some may take in a non league fix today. Some may still have gotten their fix from the England game last night. Some may actually enjoy “the break” and go shopping with the Mrs or complete the DIY that’s been on hold. 

For me, I can’t imagine the torture of “my” City being in action a couple of miles away and not being there, not being part of the roller coaster ride and the general matchday experience. Mod course you can POTD, but that’s FAR more costly and there’s no guarantee of the seat you want. 

Roll on Friday and seeing how this season is going to play out. 

CTID  

I'd much rather not go than line the pockets of over paid agents, players and suits, whilst my fellow fan is priced out. The more that opt out the better. 

And yes I'll be at non-league football having a great time, as they're clubs, not businesses. 

On 24/03/2018 at 09:56, reddogkev said:

The strangest part... looking on here for the matchday thread, and then remembering that there isn't one.

Saturday without City is rubbish.  I still feel the Championship shouldn't break for the International window.  Clubs have large squads and should use them to the full.

Rugby union club games don’t stop for the Home Internationals . The “ international break “ is mind numbingly dull . If club games were taking place at the time as internationals , even less fans would be interested in the national teams than are now . I know 80k turn up at Wembley to watch Igrld . Must be so as not to distract from where fans would much prefer to be , watching their own clubs or the Saturday PM results arriving frenzy on BBC or Sky . BBC did not mention EFL divs 1 and 2 to my knowledge on Saturday.

You are right , squads are big enough to cope . 

41 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'd much rather not go than line the pockets of over paid agents, players and suits, whilst my fellow fan is priced out. The more that opt out the better. 

And yes I'll be at non-league football having a great time, as they're clubs, not businesses. 

Each to their own. That wouldn’t do anything for me. 

Archived