IGNORED

Iceland diplomats to boycott WC but so will many more

54-46

3 hours ago, simon uk said:

Yeah well you probably got most of that from the bbc website? I wont hold my breath while we work out who did the salisbury job,,, just because boris johnson says it was the russians, which is a massive coincidence while they work out what they are doing with brexit, and need an excuse to divert some attention somewhere else. Same with shooting down aircraft, our politicians and media are as morally bereft as anything in russia, unfortunately.

Agreed. Our politicians are morally bereft. 

No, I didn't need to read the BBC website to construct a criticism of the Russians. 

I'm sure Putins going to have sleepless nights worrying  about the Iceland PM not going to the World Cup. I know it's a show of solidarity, but is it really going to worry anyone in Russia?

What it tells me is politics and sport should be kept away from each other. I wonder if they'll sell these extra tickets?

On 3/27/2018 at 18:30, havanatopia said:

I just want to take the opportunity to say that Peston needs to improve his journalistic standards, have a shave and dress properly. There was a time when i thought he was quite good. No more.

And as for that useless, dishevelled, unshaven twerp on Newsnight: whatshisface... How Newsnight has literally and metaphorically dumbed down since Paxman and that great Editor have left is frankly another blunderbus by the hapless BBC.

As you were.

I was initially confusing Newsnight with This Week - I was thrown by your mention of 'that great Editor', Andrew Neil, and awful memories of the recent appearance on Question Time of the RT man, Afshin Rattansi. 

So who is the useless, dishevelled etc. one to whom you refer?

Evan Davis, by any chance?

To have any effect on a very corrupt country, FIFA should cancel the tournament in Russia.

Play it in several West European countries with a final at Wembley.

Or if FIFA do nothing, perhaps individual countries should start withdrawing their teams. No Germany, France, England, Spain and it becomes a farce.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was initially confusing Newsnight with This Week - I was thrown by your mention of 'that great Editor', Andrew Neil, and awful memories of the recent appearance on Question Time of the RT man, Afshin Rattansi. 

So who is the useless, dishevelled etc. one to whom you refer?

Evan Davis, by any chance?

Euan or Evan Davis.. Yes thats him. He dresses ok~ish for jackanory or blue peter but not Newsnight and he has zero gravitas. Really dislike the bloke. Find him hugely irritating. I'd like to swat him with a gigantic blue bottle fly swatter. It needs to be big because, like a fly, he has nearly 360 degree vision, is fast and is horribly ugly. Something has to be done but with a lousy wimpish editor now in 'charge' i can only guess he is afraid of Davis. For looks alone there is no surprise there of course. Glad i am not in the UK to have to put up with it.

8 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Euan or Evan Davis.. Yes thats him. He dresses ok~ish for jackanory or blue peter but not Newsnight and he has zero gravitas. Really dislike the bloke. Find him hugely irritating. I'd like to swat him with a gigantic blue bottle fly swatter. It needs to be big because, like a fly, he has nearly 360 degree vision, is fast and is horribly ugly. Something has to be done but with a lousy wimpish editor now in 'charge' i can only guess he is afraid of Davis. For looks alone there is no surprise there of course. Glad i am not in the UK to have to put up with it.

Its quite easy to press the off switch. I've not wasted more than an hour of my life watching the news over the last 5 years. 

Withdrawing the England football team but letting the diplomatic team attend should improve  our chances of progressing beyond the first know out round.

Archived