IGNORED

Football Italia documentary

One Team In Keynsham

18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Italy has had more great defenders than any other country.

Here's 20 just for starters:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/984031-world-football-top-20-italian-defenders-of-all-time

Defending is an art out there and they have probably had the best Managers over the years too.. Ancelotti, Lippi, Capello, Sacci, Ranieri, Conte and i'd say Allegri is right up there with the best at the moment.

2 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

Defending is an art out there and they have probably had the best Managers over the years too.. Ancelotti, Lippi, Capello, Sacci, Ranieri, Conte and i'd say Allegri is right up there with the best at the moment.

Sacchi especially for me, an innovator. Max Allegri has been linked with Arsenal, which would add to the list of top coaches in England, but I don't see him leaving Juve.

Gattuso is surprising people at Milan too. Just needs Joe Jordan as his assistant. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Sacchi especially for me, an innovator. Max Allegri has been linked with Arsenal, which would add to the list of top coaches in England, but I don't see him leaving Juve.

Gattuso is surprising people at Milan too. Just needs Joe Jordan as his assistant. :whistle:

Ancelotti, Mancini, Ranieri, Conte all won PL and Di Matteo CL for Chelsea, they make a mug of our English Managers really.

Gazzetta on a Saturday morning was always required viewing for me.

Not only was the football top notch but James Richardson was a smart, very witty host.

Loved everything about that era in Italy, great teams, great football..

The AC Milan side with a back four of Tassotti, Costacurta, Baresa and Maldini plus the 3 Dutchmen Gullit, Van Basten & Rijkaard was the best club side I have ever seen.

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Gazzetta on a Saturday morning was always required viewing for me.

Not only was the football top notch but James Richardson was a smart, very witty host.

Loved everything about that era in Italy, great teams, great football..

The AC Milan side with a back four of Tassotti, Costacurta, Baresa and Maldini plus the 3 Dutchmen Gullit, Van Basten & Rijkaard was the best club side I have ever seen.

I`d love to have seen that side take on the Barcelona of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique, Busquets and co. What a game that would be!

1 hour ago, One BCFC said:

Milan would bus park and then Van Basten would score a mad 30 yarder to win 1-0

Yet the 94 Milan side beat Cruyff's Barca side 4-0 in the Champions League final. Despite being without Baresi, Costacurta and Van Basten.

57 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

I know, it was not a dig in any way at them, more how solid they were at defending

Fair enough, park the bus just seemed to imply negative tactics. They were certainly solid against Barca, even without 2 world class defenders.

Archived