IGNORED

Virgin TV

winterbournered

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with getting any deals once your original contract is up? 

Been bartering with them and still not sure if I'm getting a good deal or not! 

Would be interested in your experiences and what you pay for TV ( with Skysports & BT ) , Broadband & Phone. 

Thanks in advance 

25 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with getting any deals once your original contract is up? 

Been bartering with them and still not sure if I'm getting a good deal or not! 

Would be interested in your experiences and what you pay for TV ( with Skysports & BT ) , Broadband & Phone. 

Thanks in advance 

Hi , recently renewed with sky and BT. Pay £60 something for Sky which is the full package and £44 for BT internet and sky. Could probably get cheaper 

Spoke to Virgin saying I wasn' happy how much I was paying.They offered me a better deal but not good enough.Went to Carphone Warehouse and signed up with Sky through them.Sky contacted Virgin to tell them to remove their equipment then Virgin contacted me offering a much improved deal.I cancelled with Carphone Warehouse as it was within the 30 day cooling off period and stayed with Virgin.A bit of a pain but saved a fair bit in the end.Also did similar with AA when they whacked their price up.Usually best to check out what deals the competition are offering than quote them if you need to.Good luck.

Agree, Slacker. I've been a customer for many years and still pay a whack every month - and I don't use the phone much! If ever I get on the phone to Virgin they manage to find some sort of offer that will pacify me for the while, although stronger complaint will force them to wake up. Virgin, the AA and others all happily take your money and if you don't protest they will happily not give you a decent deal. They are all alike: they only react if you kick them!

I pay £51 for BT TV & internet up to 60mbps. BT sport as standard.

I have entertainment package and HD upgrade.

Been with BT for over 2.5 years now and can’t fault it. Although outsourced, the customer service (when used) has been perfectly fine and can be done on online chats if required.

The internet is steady and has only gone off once, which was due to an outside connection. The box got jittery at one point but a new one was sent out promptly.

Virgin don't supply our house (new build) so am with Sky. Pay £47 a month for all channels including sports and HD. Also have the boxsets option. 

BT internet/phone, not interested in the phone but have to have it. Speed isn't great at the mo (again new build) but it does what it's supposed to do. Pay £30 a month for that but because of loads of cockups on the installation, and the engineer making a hash of my wall around the phone line, I've got full BT Sports (inc HD) for 18 months, but on the App only.

When I was with virgin I was paying around the £78 Mark for less channels, but the top broadband available. Was always able to haggle half price sky sports, and never paid a penny extra when their price increases came into effect. Don't forget that if you get one of those price increase letters, you are free to leave your contract within 30 days from it going live, no matter if you're a month into an 18 month contract or 10 months in.

Not sure about the new virgin box they advertise, but I had Tivo, and they were absolute crap. The menu system was slow and unresponsive, the YouTube and catch up services were non existent, and they didn't really do anything to sort either out. Check out their forums, and it's all common problems.

In an ideal world for me, I would have the Sky Q box (very good) along with Virgin Broadband if Virgin served my area.

12 hours ago, Taz said:

Virgin don't supply our house (new build) so am with Sky. Pay £47 a month for all channels including sports and HD. Also have the boxsets option. 

BT internet/phone, not interested in the phone but have to have it. Speed isn't great at the mo (again new build) but it does what it's supposed to do. Pay £30 a month for that but because of loads of cockups on the installation, and the engineer making a hash of my wall around the phone line, I've got full BT Sports (inc HD) for 18 months, but on the App only.

When I was with virgin I was paying around the £78 Mark for less channels, but the top broadband available. Was always able to haggle half price sky sports, and never paid a penny extra when their price increases came into effect. Don't forget that if you get one of those price increase letters, you are free to leave your contract within 30 days from it going live, no matter if you're a month into an 18 month contract or 10 months in.

Not sure about the new virgin box they advertise, but I had Tivo, and they were absolute crap. The menu system was slow and unresponsive, the YouTube and catch up services were non existent, and they didn't really do anything to sort either out. Check out their forums, and it's all common problems.

In an ideal world for me, I would have the Sky Q box (very good) along with Virgin Broadband if Virgin served my area.

The new T6 boxes are very good  ive had both id say 60x faster than the tivo box everything loads instantly......having said that id chose the sky q option as it has much more 4k viewing virgin curretly has none

3 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

The new T6 boxes are very good  ive had both id say 60x faster than the tivo box everything loads instantly......having said that id chose the sky q option as it has much more 4k viewing virgin curretly has none

Yep they do exactly what you want them to do. Very fast and responsive.

7 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

That's refreshing to hear, because by and large I never had a problem with Virgin until about 12 months ago when the Tivo boxes started slowing down. 

To be fair they were always cheaper for me when comparing with Sky, and the Broadband is the dogs. 

Also one thing to bear in mind with Virgin is that you don't pay for callouts, unless of course the fault is something that you have done yourself. Sky don't offer that after 12 months..

Funnily enough, last night I signed up for BT fibre as my Shit Talk contract is running out in a few weeks.

Basically £30pm on an 18month contract and BT sports for free for 12months. BT sports goes up to a massive £3:50pm afterwards.

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

Funnily enough, last night I signed up for BT fibre as my Shit Talk contract is running out in a few weeks.

Basically £30pm on an 18month contract and BT sports for free for 12months. BT sports goes up to a massive £3:50pm afterwards.

This is the deal I was looking at! 

Haven't looked at it properly, so I'm guessing no hidden small print I should be aware of. 

24 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

This is the deal I was looking at! 

Haven't looked at it properly, so I'm guessing no hidden small print I should be aware of. 

Not as far as I can tell. Got the Mrs to check everything and she seemed quite happy with it......and she's never happy.

14 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Not as far as I can tell. Got the Mrs to check everything and she seemed quite happy with it......and she's never happy.

Good stuff! 

Add the Sky Q/Sports package for £40 and  it'll be cheaper than the deal Virgin have offered me. That's until I leave of course and they'll bombard me with great offers as usual. 

Archived