IGNORED

Quick thoughts from Barnsley

hoxton casual

We looked nervous. Lots of misjudged passes and no flowing  football. Barnsley knocked us off our rhythm and did let us play in their half. Their big man Moore terrorised us and Baker looked ineffectual. Really missed Flint. Apart from Bobby and Frankie pretty poor game from us. I didnt think Frankie to blame for their first and kept us in it with an excellent performance. Wondeful strike from Famara but not a lot else. Joe  and Pisano not much of an imact and Korey looked lost. Barnsley desrved to win. Lucky point. It was all about attitude and leadership today. Not a lot on show.

When we play teams fighting for Championship survival we always look nervous as we are expected to win, so more pressure (which we don’t always cope well with)  Seem to rush our shots at target (when we get close) when there is time to pass or line up the shot. Conversely when  we are the underdog we like to prove a point., and spring a surprise. 

I was not there but from commentary at start, when we got a very early corner and instead of putting it somewhere near the penalty spot and put them under pressure straight away, we tried an intricate short corner, lost it and gave Barnsley a chance to attack us. 

It must have been dire again for the travelling fans. You lot are very brave. 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I was not there but from commentary at start, when we got a very early corner and instead of putting it somewhere near the penalty spot and put them under pressure straight away, we tried an intricate short corner, lost it and gave Barnsley a chance to attack us. 

Might be on our own here but me and our kid thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly when compared to our last away trip (Burton).  Nothing quite like a stoppage time equaliser

27 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Might be on our own here but me and our kid thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly when compared to our last away trip (Burton).  Nothing quite like a stoppage time equaliser

Me too. Not at our best, but it was a lively game, plenty of incident, the first half seemed to pass in no time, and like you say, 2-2 after being behind twice somehow feels a lot better than after being 2-0 up! The only down side was getting out of that car park: what a pain!

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Great support up there . Yes not the best but a good day away at a friendly club and despite our poor performance it was end to end stuff typical championship stuff so had a good trip on the whole even though we stole a point but sometimes you need to don’t that . Plenty still to go for . Not over yet . COYR 

Like the others above I enjoyed the match - ups and downs, frustrations, grumbles yes, but still enjoyed my afternoon. Is it just me that gets the impression that most of what gets written on here, particularly about away games is by people that haven't been at the game?

I do hope COD is fit soon, its beyond obvious that Ryan Kent is not ready for this level of football yet, it was mentioned on another thread and also by someone sat nearby today 'headless chicken' at this stage in his career.

Archived