IGNORED

Brentford is a must win

Londoner

Easy phrase to through about....but one that is very relevant now we approach the end of the season.

Both derby and Boro gave tougher run ins than us. Both have big teams to go to especially derby who have Boro cardiff villa and Preston still to play.

Somehow we are still in with a playoff chance.....but we need to get our confidence back, and quickly, to give ourselves a chance.

We have Brentford our bogey side we have to win imo for confidence and pressure on those 2 sides above us. 

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Easy phrase to through about....but one that is very relevant now we approach the end of the season.

Both derby and Boro gave tougher run ins than us. Both have big teams to go to especially derby who have Boro cardiff villa and Preston still to play.

Somehow we are still in with a playoff chance.....but we need to get our confidence back, and quickly, to give ourselves a chance.

We have Brentford our bogey side we have to win imo for confidence and pressure on those 2 sides above us. 

Thought people were saying on Friday , Barnsley was ‘must win ‘

13 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Spelling and grammar are not very good for an academic.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

What do you mean somehow?? In my opinion we have never been out of a playoff place. It's going to wire at the min. But when LJ changes it to my 352 now the players are back. We are going to the premiership. As I feel we have better players than wolves playing that system. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If someone said now we could draw on Monday while all our play off rivals lose, I'd take that. "Must win" is the most misused phrase in football.

Preston play Derby so you're a bit stuck there but otherwise I agree.

I worry about our away form. 

I can see us losing both the millwall and boro games if we don't improve massively on recent away form.

So to have any chance of breaking 70 points we need to win three more at home I reckon. Birmingham, Hull and one other. 

Whether 71-73 points will be enough who knows but I fear it's unlikely. Millwall looking a good bet at the moment to overtake us.

Still you never know. LJ may tweak the team selection and stumble on something that clicks, like he did when we had all the injuries.

If we're two points outside of the play-offs by the time we play Sheff Utd, then that would be a must-win game.

Brentford is not a must win game.  Sure, we should be looking to win the match, but even a defeat would not make the top 6 impossible.

13 hours ago, Londoner said:

It’s not a must win at all, yeh it would be great to win obviously, but winning Monday won’t guarantee anything at all

Not a must-win game but given that our away form has been so poor in 2018,  we need to collect as many points as possible at home. If we can win our 4 home games & scrape 3 away draws, including against Millwall & Middlesbrough, then we will have 77 points, which should just about be enough to make the playoffs. Then it's  hopefully 3 "cup finals" to appropriate a lazy cliche!!

For momentum, confidence and where we are in the season- as well as the obvious e.g. points, it's totally a must win IMO.

Of course we could in theory lose and still mathematically make the playoffs- Middlesbrough-Derby still have to play each other for a start, they can't both win can they?? Still a must win though, if we're being realistic.

I cannot see us beating Brentford. Just think we seem to running on virtually empty in every match now. Like an exhausted horse that has given his all and is still asked to harness up to another chariot race. I think the players give there all each time but somehow the brain and the body is not functioning free enough of nerve, stress and fatigue. Draw at best and more likely a miserable 1-2 home defeat.

It has been a great season regardless but fully expecting it to gradually peter out.

oh wait... that was some stupid dream!

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

I cannot see us beating Brentford. Just think we seem to running on virtually empty in every match now. Like an exhausted horse that has given his all and is still asked to harness up to another chariot race. I think the players give there all each time but somehow the brain and the body is not functioning free enough of nerve, stress and fatigue. Draw at best and more likely a miserable 1-2 home defeat.

It has been a great season regardless but fully expecting it to gradually peter out.

That’s the spirit! You make it sound like we’re playing Real Madrid. It’s Brentford, and our home form is decent. Every chance we can win the game.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s the spirit! You make it sound like we’re playing Real Madrid. It’s Brentford, and our home form is decent. Every chance we can win the game.

Yeah right; its a good job my negative thoughts are in my sleep only; I keep them all in there. You redddzzzz.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Ah I see it the other way round. We were the horse at the front of the chasing pack. We’ve eased off the pace to save energy going down the last straight. At the moment we’re coming around the last bend neck and neck with the two leaders. Millwall are fast approaching behind and Sheff Utd hit the last fence but are still in it. 

God I miss Cheltenham week :mf_sleep:

5-0 City! Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo Reeedddddddsss

21 hours ago, roddy-d said:

What do you mean somehow?? In my opinion we have never been out of a playoff place. It's going to wire at the min. But when LJ changes it to my 352 now the players are back. We are going to the premiership. As I feel we have better players than wolves playing that system. 

The Premiership is in Scotland....ours is called the Premier League .....and has been called that for over a decade....

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Premiership is in Scotland....ours is called the Premier League .....and has been called that for over a decade....

Thanks for that. I have no interest in Scottish football so premiership. 

On 30/03/2018 at 20:39, Londoner said:

What you ****

Archived