IGNORED

pack

leadman

why did lee take pack off and not smith, koreys had a complete loss of form and pack was way better today???

my other surprise today was not starting with Kelly, so if we assume he's tired from his England exploits then at least the change should have been Kelly for pato, pushing joe Bryan forward.

its time to put both Korey and Pato both on the bench, both out of form,  time for a change.

I thought Pack had a decent game, very surprised by the sub decision. Rumours he was injured but I didn’t notice anything. He was playing deeper and deeper, just infront of Frankie at times. Gawd knows where Baker and Wright were most of the time.

Never been a Pack fan, but this season he has played so much better I have to say I like his style and distribution. 

Problem for him has to be who to distribute to, Smith - yes but if there is  a man on Korey has a problem - every ball needs 2 touches, in the gap between first and 2nd the move is dead, Pato will take the ball anywhere but forward unless he sees a huge gap to run into, joe will fire the ball straight back at him if an opponent is within 5 yards! Marlon has proved his ability with some fantastic long passes, the training sessions for midfield need some serious work, with the emphasis on TEAM

6 hours ago, dave36 said:

Never been a Pack fan, but this season he has played so much better I have to say I like his style and distribution. 

Problem for him has to be who to distribute to, Smith - yes but if there is  a man on Korey has a problem - every ball needs 2 touches, in the gap between first and 2nd the move is dead, Pato will take the ball anywhere but forward unless he sees a huge gap to run into, joe will fire the ball straight back at him if an opponent is within 5 yards! Marlon has proved his ability with some fantastic long passes, the training sessions for midfield need some serious work, with the emphasis on TEAM

Quality ball to Famara for the goal and his consistent all out effort , covering , clearing up . Pack has had a great season . Quality passer of the ball . After Bobby , IMO our player of the season .

8 hours ago, RedM said:

I thought Pack had a decent game, very surprised by the sub decision. Rumours he was injured but I didn’t notice anything. He was playing deeper and deeper, just infront of Frankie at times. Gawd knows where Baker and Wright were most of the time.

Bakers worst game yday. Ponderous . Missed Flint badly . Pack had to cover both Baker and Wright at times . Not sure why Pack substituted. 

Just a further point on substitutions yday , Kent dreadful . Aimless cross field ball set Barnsley up on a breakaway they should have scored from . 

1 hour ago, Redstreet said:

Bakers worst game yday. Ponderous . Missed Flint badly . Pack had to cover both Baker and Wright at times . Not sure why Pack substituted. 

Just a further point on substitutions yday , Kent dreadful . Aimless cross field ball set Barnsley up on a breakaway they should have scored from . 

Totally agree. We seemed to really miss Flint yesterday, the most evident out of the 3 games. Moore caused all sorts of problems with his height that would have been bread and butter for Flint. Yes Pack was doing the work of three at times yesterday. We were desperate for a presence up front and compared to Barnsley’s front two our pairing looked woefully lacking. This may seem harsh as Diedhiou scored and Bobby never lacks effort but it wasn’t his game. 

I’m not saying Kieffer Moore is the answer but he was available in January, and we got Diony (albeit on loan). Maybe he is too similar to Duric ?

Archived