IGNORED

Match Report: Two points - and our dignity - lost

Olé

9 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

This 7th rubbish is RUBBISH!!! We were 2nd and miles clear of SEVENTH!!!!! Lee Johnson and Mark Ashton had a chance in Jan to make a massive difference and make a statement. What did we sign? Absolute dross that is what!! This was our best ever chance to get promoted. Forget the scrapers of 2007/08, this team has a lot more ability. We will lose some quality players in the summer if we don't go up. Lee Johnson has again proven that when things go drastically wrong he does not have the ability to turn things around or change tactics/personnel. 

It might be worth remembering, T, that the last time we finished above 7th in the second tier was a decade ago, and before that you have to go back to 79/80.

We're all frustrated at the If Onlys, but at least this season those If Onlys have probably cost us a play-off place. Most recent seasons were scraps for survival. 

I've followed City for 50 years and have learned to Always Believe. Always believe we can **** it up! I now no longer get excited when we get a glimpse of promotion, as I've seen it all before. 

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

This 7th rubbish is RUBBISH!!! We were 2nd and miles clear of SEVENTH!!!!! Lee Johnson and Mark Ashton had a chance in Jan to make a massive difference and make a statement. What did we sign? Absolute dross that is what!! This was our best ever chance to get promoted. Forget the scrapers of 2007/08, this team has a lot more ability. We will lose some quality players in the summer if we don't go up. Lee Johnson has again proven that when things go drastically wrong he does not have the ability to turn things around or change tactics/personnel. 

There is plenty in what you say. However he did turn things around and make us challengers. 

Nevertheless strange substitutions are his signature. It was obvious to many what we needed to do. LJ brought on that utter waste of space/out of form kid for Patterson after he took a knock  a player many would have had on the bench with joe pushed on and the lad who had been playing at LB at LB

We we’re not at the races the whole game but giving them space to pump balls down the wing was the stuff of nightmares. But three players failed to clear a ball and invited the striker to boot it in to the net from eight yards.. LJ lives and dies by his decisions, that yesterday played into our obvious weakness. 

Wright and Baker needed their asses kicked all the way back to Bristol a long with seven others last night

hopefully LJ HOLDEN and JM were the arse kickers and SL was kicking theirs!

16 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Hull vs Villa. Having watched that... we should worry? Dear me THAT was shocking 

I looked at the Villa squad and just how much it must have cost in fees and wages. Yet they couldn't beat a poor Hull side.

My mistake, I remember now that Bruce hasn't had 2 pennies to rub together. So we're underachieving and they're punching above their weight. :shifty:

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I looked at the Villa squad and just how much it must have cost in fees and wages. Yet they couldn't beat a poor Hull side.

My mistake, I remember now that Bruce hasn't had 2 pennies to rub together. So we're underachieving and they're punching above their weight. :shifty:

It was truly dogshit. 

Thought Baker had his worst game for us yesterday hardly won anything in the air granted they had a monster upfront but still, should of been better, let his man get away from him far too often, the 2nd goal you can blame him partly I suppose, didn’t see the man charging into the box? Didn’t get a shout? Ball watching?

He wasn’t the only one though Bailey Wright was awful aswell neither of them seemed up for it at all if I’m honest,  Flint should be straight back in as he was badly missed yesterday, thought Kelly should of kept his place as he’s been playing well.

Lucky results went our way bar Millwall, we may well make the Play Offs but we need to raise our game big time and get back to playing our way, the times we did yesterday which was very little I admit Barnsley didn’t know what to do with themselves.

COYR

12 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Excellent and balanced report from Ole as per usual. 

One extra point I'd make is that LJ through substitutions has tried putting two up front and dropping Reid back to midfield 4 or 5 times now, it's not worked once. Would have made far more sense to take Fammy off and get Reid close to Djuric to pick up the pieces from Djuric's flicks. As it was although Djuric won virtually every high ball he contested, no team mate was anywhere near him to take advantage of this. 

The only time it did work was against QPR.  However we were down to 10 men and winning.    Yesterday we could have gone to 3 at the back and put Bobby in the hole.  From what Ole says, the decision to remove Pack was utter madness.  Could have taken Pisano off, gone to a 3 by bringing on Kelly and then stuck Djuric up top with Famara and left Bobby in the hole.  Unfortunately, our manager is making some poor tactical decisions at the moment and there doesn't seem to be any indication he is recognising them and therefore able to learn..

Archived