IGNORED

Milwall Saturday

daored

Anybody else worried about this game? A team on the up, full of confidence , and generally start games quickly, with a number of early goals in games.

We need to be up for a fight and if we play like we did today and Saturday could be a very comfortable home win 

To be honest, we are nowhere near good enough. Difficult to look at one game in isolation, but we were simply awful today.

In some ways would rather we lose now, forget about the play offs, and just concentrate on trying to play some football again. 

Concede the match now and avoid the embarrassment. We've avoided relegation which was the aim this season. We've more points than last season. MA didn't want promotion this year. So all in all, its been a successful campaign.

33 minutes ago, daored said:

Anybody else worried about this game? A team on the up, full of confidence , and generally start games quickly, with a number of early goals in games.

We need to be up for a fight and if we play like we did today and Saturday could be a very comfortable home win 

Not worried in the slightest. LIkely to get hammered and put us out of our misery. Knowing LJ is here for the long haul he can then start next season's preps. The bust up with players, if true, beautifully timed for that to happen. Meanwhile we mere mortal fans are expected to buy a season ticket at an increased price, put up and damn well shut up. Lovely. 

5 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Not worried in the slightest. LIkely to get hammered and put us out of our misery. Knowing LJ is here for the long haul he can then start next season's preps. The bust up with players, if true, beautifully timed for that to happen. Meanwhile we mere mortal fans are expected to buy a season ticket at an increased price, put up and damn well shut up. Lovely. 

Bust up with players? 

2 hours ago, daored said:

They will win this one I'm sure

After 50 odd years of pain with this club, Millwall is exactly the sort of game where we could stand up and surprise a lot of people. We are at a low and they are flying certain defeat for us then......well ask Man City/Utd.

Whatever team the clueless one puts out they just MAY decided to stand up and fight for themselves...if not the club......then again its also possible they may decide to give up/lie down and get steam rollered; either could happen and LJ may get no say in which BC decide to turn up....if they turn up at all that is. :dunno:

2 hours ago, daored said:

I'm certainly not going to worry about it but it's never been a happy hunting ground for us at the best of times so I think we'll do well to get a draw which probably isn't good enough after today's result

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

To be honest, we are nowhere near good enough. Difficult to look at one game in isolation, but we were simply awful today.

Except it's not one game, about 3 months and 3 wins in 18 isn't it. Plus we have had 10 shots at goal with 2 on target in the last 2 games, while Barnsley and Brentford have had 50 shots at our goal, 15 on target. That is nothing short embarrassing . 
Millwall are a different type of side to Brentford, but where Brentford kept the ball well and passed our MF off the park, Millwall will work their socks off and stop us from getting and foothold in the game. I think it will be closer next week but we may not be as lucky as today, really the score could be anything.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Plus we have had 10 shots at goal with 2 on target in the last 2 games, while Barnsley and Brentford have had 50 shots at our goal, 15 on target. 

The shots against is frightening. First thing I'd do if I was LJ (apart from apologise for today which he hasn't done?!) is make sure he sorts the defence and shape out. 

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

The shots against is frightening. First thing I'd do if I was LJ (apart from apologise for today which he hasn't done?!) is make sure he sorts the defence and shape out. 

Absolutely , they seemed to be able to get into shooting positions at will today. I think a lot comes from the midfield or lack of, I'd go with a 3 moving Brownhill more central and have Pack as the anchor. I don't think LJ will do that, but something needs to be done and soon. Not so much for this season but next, if we carry this form over we could be in real trouble next season.

11 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Maybe bring in a couple of brickies and build brick up the goalmouth. Might be our only hope...

I shall be attending a party next w/e and will not bother checking the score until well after the match, and even then, more out of routine than in expectation.

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I couldn’t make the game today but listened to RB ...wish I hadn’t...not one shot on target! ...can only see a loss at the den I’m afraid...:facepalm:

I feel for you. It was bad enough being there. But to listen to that god awful commentary on RB is painful. 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Absolutely , they seemed to be able to get into shooting positions at will today. I think a lot comes from the midfield or lack of, I'd go with a 3 moving Brownhill more central and have Pack as the anchor. I don't think LJ will do that, but something needs to be done and soon. Not so much for this season but next, if we carry this form over we could be in real trouble next season.

That Liam Walsh is like a rabbit in headlights. He was the main problem. The sub needed was Pack for Walsh. Walsh looks woeful 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

That Liam Walsh is like a rabbit in headlights. He was the main problem. The sub needed was Pack for Walsh. Walsh looks woeful 

I think he will come good, said on another thread look at Brownhill and COD 12/18 months ago people were asking why we bought them. Give him a full pre season and I think he will start to show a bit.  The choice of midfield today was odd, why LJ thought putting a young kid in CM 2 against a good footballing side made sense I'll never know. 

I would like to see LJ throw a curveball for this.

Millwall are better without the ball...their results do show this, no doubt about it.

This will probably get a few 'rubbish' or 'confused' reactions, but Millwall like I say...better without a majority of possession.

We go there, with a 4-3-3 or similar- and we 'let' them have the ball. Give them an issue they haven't really faced at this level- we sit deeper than usual, albeit still technically good (Brownhill Smith Pack) as a 3...security and possession.

We can challenge them to break us down a bit, new problem... Opening up space for us on the break. At home with the emphasis to push high too...I think it could cause them real difficulties.

Archived