IGNORED

LJ's improbable after match interview

Major Isewater

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t disagree.  If Johnson thinks Diedhiou isn’t helping our style, then I would expect us to make money on him.

You’d offload him / sell him with a heavy heart in some ways because he will get goals wherever he went by if LJ thinks his all round game doesn’t suit he needs to be ruthless or adapt our style to FD as I’ve said elsewhere 

A factor would be if we are likely to keep hold of BR because if we don’t Inthink we’d need to rethink how we play at our best anyway

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d have a bet that we don’t ever see Moore or Engvall in a Championship fixture - if that transpired  that’s over 4 million outlay with little return and a big  £ loss 

Add Elliason Who is yet to show whether he will come to fruition plus the decent sums spent on Hinds Bakinson etc - plus the money (Any loan fees and wages ) wasted on Matthews , Woodrow ; Leko , Kent , Diony etc and for a Club wanting to be self sufficient we have punted a lot of money with a decent return in performances or profit on only one to date (Fortunately a decent profit) in Kodja

Lee will need to start turning  some of these signings into influential first team players at some point for the philposophy to show that we have the right people in place to have any chance of  it working

They'll be fine in League 1 . 

:yes:

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And what did he do about it....the evidence I saw was little to nothing.

Don't get me wrong, the team selection, tactics, lack of quality from some players, and substitutions, were dire.

But the thread was about the interview. The interview was one of those where I expected LJ to blame everyone except himself, but in fact he was very honest.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on mate - as I’ve said on here before, it’s the league one champions boys who are pulling us through...LJs signings have been mostly ineffective...

Utter shite.

Lj signings:

o’dowda, Paterson, Djuric, Diedhou, Baker, Pisano, plus smith and Brownhill (can’t remember) were on his recommendation. 

Also hugely influential in developing academy players, ie Reid, Bryan, kelly 

Youve only got frankie, flint and pack who were these so called l1 champions. 

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Utter shite.

Lj signings:

o’dowda, Paterson, Djuric, Diedhou, Baker, Pisano, plus smith and Brownhill (can’t remember) were on his recommendation. 

Also hugely influential in developing academy players, ie Reid, Bryan, kelly 

Youve only got frankie, flint and pack who were these so called l1 champions. 

Utter shite - Steve Cotterill signed Korey Smith in 2014 - whilst LJ was manager of Oldham. Do you really think LJ would have been recommending his players to other clubs whilst he was still manager there?!  And Joe Bryan made 50 first team appearances in our double winning season under Cotterill. So his development was doing fine without LJ, also we signed Baker on a season long loan under Cotterill’s management. So Cotts has to take the credit for getting him in way before LJ’s tenure.

Also mighty fine of you to call Frankie, Flint and Pack ‘so called’ L1 champions - they were L1 champions.

And how do you feel about LJ’s inspirational signings of Engvall, Diony, Woodrow, Kent etc etc? However, I certainly agree with you that LJ has been very instrumental in developing Bobby this season.

I said it was the league one champions boys who were pulling us through and they’ve had to because of our unfortunate injury list - so do you really think O’Dowda, Djuric, O’Neil, Hegeler, Pisano, Taylor and Paterson have ‘pulled us through’ this season (and last in some cases) to the same extent that Frankie, Flint, Pack, Bryan and Smith have?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Utter shite - Steve Cotterill signed Korey Smith in 2014 - whilst LJ was manager of Oldham. Do you really think LJ would have been recommending his players to other clubs whilst he was still manager there?!  And Joe Bryan made 50 first team appearances in our double winning season under Cotterill. So his development was doing fine without LJ, also we signed Baker on a season long loan under Cotterill’s management. So Cotts has to take the credit for getting him in way before LJ’s tenure.

Also mighty fine of you to call Frankie, Flint and Pack ‘so called’ L1 champions - they were L1 champions.

And how do you feel about LJ’s inspirational signings of Engvall, Diony, Woodrow, Kent etc etc? However, I certainly agree with you that LJ has been very instrumental in developing Bobby this season.

I said it was the league one champions boys who were pulling us through and they’ve had to because of our unfortunate injury list - so do you really think O’Dowda, Djuric, O’Neil, Hegeler, Pisano, Taylor and Paterson have ‘pulled us through’ this season (and last in some cases) to the same extent that Frankie, Flint, Pack, Bryan and Smith have?

By your own admission the current squad has only got 5 of your ‘l1 champions’ inherited by lj. Of those 5:

Smith was recommended by lj to cotts. It’s well documented. Certainly a fair amount of lj’s influence is apparent in the players development.

Bryan has for a long time been labelled an underachiever. Fair enough if you can’t see the progression he’s made in the last 18 months. It seems fairly fking obvious to me. That progression is rightly attributed to lj and his team. 

Flink and pack, we’re good before lj. Granted.

Frankie is sub par. 

So of the l1 breed of champions that you’re inferring lj inherited and had no impact upon, in fact, only two players can realistically stake that claim. Ergo stating that only ‘the l1 champions are pulling us through’ is complete and utter shite. Laters

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

By your own admission the current squad has only got 5 of your ‘l1 champions’ inherited by lj. Of those 5:

Smith was recommended by lj to cotts. It’s well documented. Certainly a fair amount of lj’s influence is apparent in the players development.

Bryan has for a long time been labelled an underachiever. Fair enough if you can’t see the progression he’s made in the last 18 months. It seems fairly fking obvious to me. That progression is rightly attributed to lj and his team. 

Flink and pack, we’re good before lj. Granted.

Frankie is sub par. 

So of the l1 breed of champions that you’re inferring lj inherited and had no impact upon, in fact, only two players can realistically stake that claim. Ergo stating that only ‘the l1 champions are pulling us through’ is complete and utter shite. Laters

So Joe Bryan’s 50 appearances and 7 goals in the 2014/2015 season is somehow all down to LJ who didn’t arrive at the club until February 2016?!

And fair enough if you have evidence that LJ recommended Korey Smith, captain of Oldham, to another club when he was manager of Oldham...seeems odd behaviour to me...if I was a manager I wouldn’t tout my important players around to other clubs...we signed Korey in 2014...LJ joined us in 2016...why would he throw his Oldham captain at us? But, as you said, you have evidence of this...so don’t you think that is a weird thing for LJ to have done? If indeed he did do it....

Yep and by my own admission, (and I’ll repeat it again) the five league one champions boys have pulled us through this season...I stand by that...Fielding, Flint, Pack, Smith and Bryan have had more influence on our season than Djuric, O’Dowda, Paterson, Diony, Woodrow, Kent, Engvall, Elliason, Hegeler, Walsh, Taylor, O’Neil etc...and as I previously said, I know they’ve had to pull us through because of the injury list...but they have stepped up and made the difference...

Archived