IGNORED

Six Shots On Target

BCFChris

I can't remember how many we had against Ipswich - but Burton, Barnsley and Brentford you'd certainly struggle to find a series of City games where we've been less effective as an attacking force and had less idea how to open up an opposition - even during the worst run last season we didn't become so one dimensional for so long.

I was firmly in the glass half full camp through all the Sunderland, Leeds, even Cardiff. I didn't see much wrong with our style of play - just unlucky. But since the Burton game the wheels have certainly come off. I thought it was the pitch at Burton but obviously not because the lack of ideas and awful football has been identical since.

And at Barnsley, Pack was literally our only player who could pass the ball. So we dropped him.

51 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

It’s actually embarrassing, if that’s true. 

Its true according to the BBC stats:

Brentford = 0; Barnsley = 2; Ipswich = 2; Burton = 2

Shambles and as you say embarrassing!

I have seen every one of the last 4 games and can honestly say that the entertainment on offer has been dire and frankly laughable.

No matter what the actual number is it’s embarrassing how inept we’ve become as an attacking force.  It’s not just a lack of shots it’s our game in general when we are in the opposition half.  We’ve played like this away from home for ages now and the home performances have finally caught up with us as well.  I am fast becoming of the belief that our form up until Christmas may have just been a blip and we have a manager who hasn’t learnt from previous seasons and isn’t developing at the sort of speed anyone at the club expected. 

1 minute ago, General Zod said:

No matter what the actual number is it’s embarrassing how inept we’ve become as an attacking force.  It’s not just a lack of shots it’s our game in general when we are in the opposition half.  We’ve played like this away from home for ages now and the home performances have finally caught up with us as well.  I am fast becoming of the belief that our form up until Christmas may have just been a blip and we have a manager who hasn’t learnt from previous seasons and isn’t developing at the sort of speed anyone at the club expected. 

Perfect summing up of the situation. 

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

......out of the door , one cross only.....line on the left.......

Archived