IGNORED

24..... 47 / 16...15

headhunter

Numbers don't lie.

We had a platform to reach the play offs at the very least based on our 47 points from the first 24 games. 15 from the last 16 is a disgrace no matter how you wish to look at it. Even a meagre 1.3 points per game over the same period would have given us an extra 6 points and put us on 68 and the talk would be about displacing Fulham or Villa for the right to have the advantage of a home 2nd leg in the play-off semis.

The margins in football are fine and I give these examples of where it went awry:

Bolton away - Bobby is fouled in the box for a clear pen early on. We score it and probably go on to win against a poor team.

Sunderland / Leeds  - solid 2nd half and we win both.

Those 3 games produced 2 points when it could so easily have been 9!!!

We screwed up the January transfer window big time by just adding to the list of mediocrity that our squad is turning into. I've said many times on here along with others that it would be better to have quality than quantity : 5 players on £20k per week NOT 10 on £10k. Like in any walk of life you get what you pay for.

The "we'd have been happy with 7th at this stage of the season if offered that in August" is symptomatic of a Bristol mindset in general and why this City is off the pace on so many levels. Its an acceptance of almost knowing our place and being thankful of where we are. We had a glorious chance to go for it in January and didn't, simple as that!

Another post on here refers to Bristol Cosy Football Club. I couldn't agree more and Joe Bryan typifies that  - where is his ambition? He offers the occasional champagne moment but for me just cruises through most games. The amount of space he offered on his side and then when he got closer the number of times he was beaten beggared belief yesterday. But what does he care.... he's in a comfort zone. I look at it like this : he can have an 8 year career with us on £12k per week and that over the period will earn him £5M. He's set up for life. I do not think he will leave in the summer whereas I'm pretty certain Flinty and Bobby will!!!

Archived