IGNORED

Final top six based on last six results

Jerseybean

For all things City I’m generally inclined to look forward and not backwards. However, I was interested by what the final table would look like if form from the top 11 teams last six matches was repeated in their final six games.

So, here we have it:

Wolves last six games = 13 assuming the same return in their final six games total points = 99 / 1st

Cardiff last six games = 16 assuming the same return in their final six games total points = 96 / 2nd

Fulham = 16 ditto = 91/3rd

Villa = 10 ditto = 83 /4th

Derby = 7 ditto = 72 /7th

Boro = 11 ditto = 74 /6th

City = 8 ditto = 70 /8th

Millwall = 14 ditto = 76 /5th

Sheffield Utd = 7 ditto = 69

PNE = 9 ditto = 69

Brentford = 8 ditto = 66

Nevertheless, we can be sure that the football gods will make sure recent form has very little to do with what happens between now and the end of the season. For sure though our three games against Millwall, Boro and Sheffield Utd are huge!

Enjoy the ride.

We know the teams:

Derby, Boro, City, Millwall, Shef Utd, Preston, Brentford - all in with a shout of either 5th or 6th place...

Preston and Brentford appear to have the easiest run in (hardly easy), but funnier things have happened, especially if others playing against each other end up drawing! 

On 03/04/2018 at 22:16, Jerseybean said:

For all things City I’m generally inclined to look forward and not backwards. However, I was interested by what the final table would look like if form from the top 11 teams last six matches was repeated in their final six games.

So, here we have it:

Wolves last six games = 13 assuming the same return in their final six games total points = 99 / 1st

Cardiff last six games = 16 assuming the same return in their final six games total points = 96 / 2nd

Fulham = 16 ditto = 91/3rd

Villa = 10 ditto = 83 /4th

Derby = 7 ditto = 72 /7th

Boro = 11 ditto = 74 /6th

City = 8 ditto = 70 /8th

Millwall = 14 ditto = 76 /5th

Sheffield Utd = 7 ditto = 69

PNE = 9 ditto = 69

Brentford = 8 ditto = 66

Nevertheless, we can be sure that the football gods will make sure recent form has very little to do with what happens between now and the end of the season. For sure though our three games against Millwall, Boro and Sheffield Utd are huge!

Enjoy the ride.

So now we know how the final six games actually played out.

Wolves 13 points from last six games

Cardiff  10 points  “      “      “      “

Fulham 13 points

Villa 10 points

Derby 7 points

Boro 13 points

City 5 points

Millwall 10 points

Sheffield Utd 7 points

PNE 13 points

Brentford 11 points

What a massive disappointment! We lost each of the three ‘huge games’ mentioneD in the original post.

6 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

So now we know how the final six games actually played out.

Wolves 13 points from last six games

Cardiff  10 points  “      “      “      “

Fulham 13 points

Villa 10 points

Derby 7 points

Boro 13 points

City 5 points

Millwall 10 points

Sheffield Utd 7 points

PNE 13 points

Brentford 11 points

What a massive disappointment! We lost each of the three ‘huge games’ mentioneD in the original post.

Who'd have though that out of that list of teams we'd score the least points in the final six games.... 

5/6 x 46 = 38.33, Sunderland territory!

Relegation written all over us next season as our head coach doesn't know how to change things when we're losing.

Does anyone still think he's the ******* messiah?

I would be interested in the points per game since Jan 1st as well as I'm sure that's equally shite?

JOHNSON OUT!!! 

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

5/6 x 46 = 38.33, Sunderland territory!

Relegation written all over us next season as our head coach doesn't know how to change things when we're losing.

Does anyone still think he's the ******* messiah?

I would be interested in the points per game since Jan 1st as well as I'm sure that's equally shite?

JOHNSON OUT!!! 

20 from 21 since Jan 1st. Or 20 from 22 if you include the Wolves game on 30th December which for me was the game our confidence shattered.

6 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

20 from 21 since Jan 1st. Or 20 from 22 if you include the Wolves game on 30th December which for me was the game our confidence shattered.

Bless the poppets. Lose a game (yes, very disappointing), but who needs 4 months and counting to get over it? 

Archived