IGNORED

Trevor Morgan Bristol footballer interview

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Never forget his performance at sealand rd Chester quality

Perhaps I've been wrong all these years but thought his epithet, 'Chesty', came not from a performance at Chester rather t'was in comparison to a well known actress who often featured in flicks shown at the fleapit on Old Market......

Well that's a blast from the past.

Trevor Morgan could do the 100m in about 3 mins, had a backside the size of a caravan but all in all a top bloke and always put in a shift, knew where the back of the net was especially with his head.

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Well that's a blast from the past.

Trevor Morgan could do the 100m in about 3 mins, had a backside the size of a caravan but all in all a top bloke and always put in a shift, knew where the back of the net was especially with his head.

And the turning circle of an oil tanker.

We sat by him on the train back from Cambridge to Liverpool St, in 1984. Nice fella.

3 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Never forget his performance at sealand rd Chester quality

I still think his header at home to Chester at the Eastend end was one of the best headers I’ve seen at the Gate.  Vital 1-0 win.  Might’ve been from a Gary Marshall cross.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still think his header at home to Chester at the Eastend end was one of the best headers I’ve seen at the Gate.  Vital 1-0 win.  Might’ve been from a Gary Marshall cross.

Got great memories of both games the home match went in kickers club after the 1.0 win was talking to a guy about the match turned out to be the chairman of Chester City Roy croft said when you lads come up to Chester il look after you he was true to his word four comps in directors box with drinks and a buffet before and after the match City won 4.0 up there thats when football was for the working class we won promotion that day to top it off.

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Got great memories of both games the home match went in kickers club after the 1.0 win was talking to a guy about the match turned out to be the chairman of Chester City Roy croft said when you lads come up to Chester il look after you he was true to his word four comps in directors box with drinks and a buffet before and after the match City won 4.0 up there thats when football was for the working class we won promotion that day to top it off.

Message me your address, I’ll send you a new keyboard with a comma on it.

6 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Great story! 

Part of the 4th division  Bournemouth side managed by a Mr Redknapp who knocked Man United Out FA Cup just before he joined us the first time around

Tbf was effective and a handful at the level were at and served us well

Now head coach of the Bhutan national football team !!!!!

(That’s Trevor in the glasses)

975E4F20-C8F3-46B1-9310-C15DDDE9DDE0.jpeg

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Part of the 4th division  Bournemouth side managed by a Mr Redknapp who knocked Man United Out FA Cup just before he joined us the first time around

Tbf was effective and a handful at the level were at and served us well

Now head coach of the Bhutan national football team !!!!!

(That’s Trevor in the glasses)

975E4F20-C8F3-46B1-9310-C15DDDE9DDE0.jpeg

Their tactics are mostly Bhutan run .

:yes:

13 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

The scoreline was a lot closer than 4-0.

My memory is that it was squeaky bum time for 90 minutes.

A very young Lee Dixon was at Right back for Chester.

13 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The scoreline was a lot closer than 4-0.

My memory is that it was squeaky bum time for 90 minutes.

A very young Lee Dixon was at Right back for Chester.

You both obviously downed too much natch boys

:laughcont::drunk2:

We won 2-1 iirc (Think we went one down ? ) and Lee Dixon was in Chester’s side IIRC

Archived