IGNORED

O'Dowda back for tomorrow?

BCFC J

Played 60 minutes last Thursday, has had a full week of training and his old man's posted this on Twitter this morning.

IMG_2172.thumb.PNG.6415e79c0f9ec8e330187e81bc2596ee.PNG

Not O'Dowda's biggest fan but at least he'd give us some natural width rather than Brownhill and Paterson. Bryan and O'Dowda/Eliasson from the start tomorrow and get at their full backs, everything's far too slow and predictable through the middle recently.

1 minute ago, BCFC J said:

Played 60 minutes last Thursday, has had a full week of training and his old man's posted this on Twitter this morning.

IMG_2172.thumb.PNG.6415e79c0f9ec8e330187e81bc2596ee.PNG

Not O'Dowda's biggest fan but at least he'd give us some natural width rather than Brownhill and Paterson. Bryan and O'Dowda/Eliasson from the start tomorrow and get at their full backs, everything's far too slow and predictable through the middle recently.

He’s what I’m pinning my hopes on!

Hasnt our massive slump coincided with his injury?

14 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

everything's far too slow and predictable through the middle recently.

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Paterson and Kent have both been abysmal for far too long. Eliasson or O'Dowda surely must feature in the upcoming games.

This and this. Such a shame that we lost O'Dowda for so long.  Really hope he can come back and kick us on in these last few matches.  Would love to see him come on in the last 30 tomorrow and terrorise their tired back line with some strong, direct running.  I would have Djuric harassing their CBs and O'Dowda running at the full backs, with Reid buzzing about on the edge of the box to make the runs into the box.  Let's score some chuffing goals.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Paterson and Kent have both been abysmal for far too long. Eliasson or O'Dowda surely must feature in the upcoming games.

Paterson has gone missing for 5/6 months of the season for the 2 years he's been here. Last season he finished strongly, hopefully it happens again. Think we'll need to go out and sign someone better if we want to progress.

Kent is no better than Wes Burns. 

Would be a huge and unexpected boost to have him back tomorrow.

I'm not convinced by the merits of rushing him back however. Is he fully fit? Tomorrow have no doubt, Millwall will be physical, in our faces no quarter given- by both sides I hope, because it's such an important game for us. I worry about bringing him back tomorrow...

Paterson behind Reid would improve matters IMO. He's wasted in his current position, but back to O'Dowda. Can see why we'd bring him back with such an important game on the cards tomorrow, but could it do him more damage in the medium term? Or worse- he's not 100%, he takes a knock, exacerbated by the fact tomorrow will be intense and he's out again for the season.

From LJ's interviews I reckon we'll see a few changes tomorrow to inject some fresh life into the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Dowda, Djuric starting (with Diedhiou on the bench), Pack returning and hopefully Baker as well. Our system doesn't work with tired players (physically or mentally) so he'll be injecting some fresh blood. It could be Gary O'Neil will also play a part.

3 hours ago, Super said:

LJ: "Callum O'Dowda had a slight impingement in the ankle and had an injection earlier this week. He's had a secondary scan today so we'll know more soon. He has looked sharp in training and he will bring us enthuasiasm

Perhaps I’m being harsh but surely each member of the first team squad should be bring that

Shouldnt they ?

Maybe he’s just emphasising CODS industry which we have missed , since Xmas certainly

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Perhaps I’m being harsh but surely each member of the first team squad should be bring that

Shouldnt they ?

Maybe he’s just emphasising CODS industry which we have missed , since Xmas certainly

Don’t think there’s anything more to read into that other than that COD is itching to get back on the pitch. 

25 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

From LJ's interviews I reckon we'll see a few changes tomorrow to inject some fresh life into the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Dowda, Djuric starting (with Diedhiou on the bench), Pack returning and hopefully Baker as well. Our system doesn't work with tired players (physically or mentally) so he'll be injecting some fresh blood. It could be Gary O'Neil will also play a part.

I can't help feeling we just kick the ball long and high when Djuric starts - we become so predictable - love him as an impact player off the bench but he has the turning speed of the QE2 so kinda hoping he doesn't start and Fam is up for a physical game.

Just now, Redstart said:

I can't help feeling we just kick the ball long and high when Djuric starts - we become so predictable - love him as an impact player off the bench but he has the turning speed of the QE2 so kinda hoping he doesn't start and Fam is up for a physical game.

IF COD can play, at least we might see a few more crosses?

2 minutes ago, Redstart said:

He was slow earlier this season but was carrying an injury then, he started in the win against Cardiff and that was one of our best performances. We may need his strength tomorrow against a physical Millwall team.

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

He was slow earlier this season but was carrying an injury then, he started in the win against Cardiff and that was one of our best performances. We may need his strength tomorrow against a physical Millwall team.

I watched their match highlights against Ipswich Ashton and you might be being a tad harsh. Yes, they can mix it with the best but they played some really nice football too, befitting a side on the run they're having.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Agree with the physicality he brings, a lot depends on the ref though, we've had refs who give a foul against Djuric the minute he gets near an opponent - I know they were all shite v Brentford but there was no sign that he is any quicker now than he ever was. Quality of our crossing does worry me too - if O'Dowda does play then at least that could be another cause for hope.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I watched their match highlights against Ipswich Ashton and you might be being a tad harsh. Yes, they can mix it with the best but they played some really nice football too, befitting a side on the run they're having.

OK, I was was judging on when I saw them at AG and what they've been like in the past

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Did you also notice Saville doing his usual moaning to the ref at every opportunity and throwing himself on the floor as usual - he fits in well with their style of play I agree but I really don't like the bloke.

Just now, ashton_fan said:

OK, I was was judging on when I saw them at AG and what they've been like in the past

I would have thought the same fella but thought their play for their goals v Ipswich was pretty damn good to be fair to them. They still like a cross though!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11314325/ipswich-2-2-millwall

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Paterson has gone missing for 5/6 months of the season for the 2 years he's been here. Last season he finished strongly, hopefully it happens again. Think we'll need to go out and sign someone better if we want to progress.

Kent is not as good as Wes Burns. Wes worked hard for the team, and did his shift of defending. He also passed to his team mates. 

Maybe Kent has more tricks and better ball control but I always appreciated Burns efforts while he was here. 

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s what I’m pinning my hopes on!

Hasnt our massive slump coincided with his injury?

Definitely not, no. 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Burns is better, could beat a man, could put a cross in and appeared to know what colour shirt we were playing in.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Kent is not as good as Wes Burns. Wes worked hard for the team, and did his shift of defending. He also passed to his team mates. 

Maybe Kent has more tricks and better ball control but I always appreciated Burns efforts while he was here. 

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Definitely not, no. 

Burns is better, could beat a man, could put a cross in and appeared to know what colour shirt we were playing in.

You’re both not wrong. Kent wouldn’t look out of place in league one. All pace no real end product. 

6 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

You’re both not wrong. Kent wouldn’t look out of place in league one. All pace no real end product. 

Can you see him playing at any higher level (regularly) than us at any point in his career?  I can’t.  Having seen him play a few times I think he has some severe flaws in his overall game.

Archived