IGNORED

3 wins in 18. Shocking. No Leadership.

tinman85

Says it all. Johnson apologies to the fans saying form isn't good enough. I've got news. Lee Johnson is not good enough to be the leader of this great club. Tactically inept. Square pegs in round holes like his dad. Two games against two teams with less spending and power than us and we can't even muster a single strike on target. Utter disgrace. 3 wins in 18. Sackable at any other club bar here. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Like his Dad? 

Who gave us our 3 highest finishes in 38 years?

Gary Johnson scraped it in this league and you know it. We were all delighted when they sacked him. Square pegs in round holes. How on Earth have the Johnson's not made a career in used cars. Their level. 

Just now, tinman85 said:

Gary Johnson scraped it in this league and you know it. We were all delighted when they sacked him. Square pegs in round holes. How on Earth have the Johnson's not made a career in used cars. Their level. 

Utter horseshit.

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Says it all. Johnson apologies to the fans saying form isn't good enough. I've got news. Lee Johnson is not good enough to be the leader of this great club. Tactically inept. Square pegs in round holes like his dad. Two games against two teams with less spending and power than us and we can't even muster a single strike on target. Utter disgrace. 3 wins in 18. Sackable at any other club bar here. 

Oi oi.

That didn’t take you long did it? :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

You know your thing about Brentford being a smaller club in terms of spend etc. was disproven, fairly extensively, last week?

13 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Small point, but isn’t it 3 wins in  last 17 league games?

As much as I’m die hard City, I wouldn’t say we were a “great club” as you’ve said. 

We’ve spent most of our existence bouncing between Champ & L1 (or whatever equivalents). We’re not exactly great. But I still love us. 

In answer to your points though. Yes, we are a bit shit at the moment and I struggle to see where we will improve? 

I’ll be interested to know if our “signings for the future” that have now had 18 months to 3 years with us will do next year. Magnússon, Taylor Moore, Eliasson, Walsh, Engvall. Lots of outlay on those and very little involvement so far. Or will we still be relying on the players O’Driscoll brought in 5/6 years ago! 

If we want to question anything, question the recruitment (Mark Ashton) 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Utter horseshit.

No it is not. He could not handle it. Remember the bore draws and last minute goals? We scraped that play off season in what was a poor league. We perked up again for palace home and away and had a slice of luck with Watson missing a pen.l when they were in control. When he signed better players like Sno he had no clue. If he was so good why has he not managed at this level again????

The problem is a long losing run had happened on a regular basis throughout his managerial career. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern 

1 minute ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Oi oi.

That didn’t take you long did it? :facepalm:

I went today and I am furious at another Lee Johnson team performance. Dire. I can take losing if we make an effort or create chances. But not today. Say what you like. This is my opinion.  

Just now, kivsy said:

Like his dad , couldn’t handle , trundle , kept letting goals in 90th plus minutes for ages , 

lost the players at Plymouth and went mad ! 

Ever ask yourself why, despite his reputation and what he did at Swansea, nobody else took a punt on Trundle?

God forbid though that a player should take any responsibility for their own performance.

Just now, pongo88 said:

The problem is a long losing run had happened on a regular basis throughout his managerial career. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern 

Exactly. Wake up and smell the coffee!!! All of you! What has Lee Johnson done to be heralded  like a club legend!!

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You keep forgetting the 9th, in 1990/91!!!!!!!

A great year that defined the club for me. Felt like it was a fluke and didn’t really believe we were actually aiming for the top flight.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Ever ask yourself why, despite his reputation and what he did at Swansea, nobody else took a punt on Trundle?

God forbid though that a player should take any responsibility for their own performance.

Read Trundles book. That will tell you all about Gary and his son. 

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Fully agree players should take responsibility for there performances , 

however didn’t before Gary signed players and did what he called the personality test , to see about how players conducted themselves , lived there life of the pitch.   Trundle passed that test I presume ? 

Same with lee who signed Tomlin who is in the same mould trundle , couldn’t handle and got rid.  

1 minute ago, windmillhillred said:

Who hails him as a club legend? Literally nobody. Doesn't mean we are all clamouring to get him sacked just to be proved 'right'...

Well look at the disgraceful way City fans treated Tinnion. A real club legend. But Lee Johnson. Wow. Lee Johnson. What a player. What a legend. Don't dare criticise the son of King Gazza!! 

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

No it is not. He could not handle it. Remember the bore draws and last minute goals? We scraped that play off season in what was a poor league. We perked up again for palace home and away and had a slice of luck with Watson missing a pen.l when they were in control. When he signed better players like Sno he had no clue. If he was so good why has he not managed at this level again????

I think horseshit sums it up really well actually.

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Read Trundles book. That will tell you all about Gary and his son. 

The one where he tells that lie about Petar Styvar (35 goals in 57 games in Slovakia) being a full back?

By the time we signed him he was two years past his best but we were desperate (finding wages at this level a real shock) and it didn’t work out.

The truth is bloody dull, eh?

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I went today and I am furious at another Lee Johnson team performance. Dire. I can take losing if we make an effort or create chances. But not today. Say what you like. This is my opinion.  

I can understand that. I felt the same on Monday and many times over 40 odd years of supporting the club.

I don’t see him as a legend. In the same way I don’t see Lansdown as a messiah. Like you and I they’re just passing through.

What frustrates me is how our hopes are built up over a great few months and then for reasons that I don’t think anyone can explain we find them dashed.

How can a group of players go from flying so high and beating Utd and taking City close to what we’re seeing now?

If I knew the answer to that I’d be a genius.

We go again.....

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

The one where he tells that lie about Petar Styvar (35 goals in 57 games in Slovakia) being a full back?

By the time we signed him he was two years past his best but we were desperate (finding wages at this level a real shock) and it didn’t work out.

The truth is bloody dull, eh?

Styvar was a left back. You think Pete Johnson has a clue too? 

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Fully agree players should take responsibility for there performances , 

however didn’t before Gary signed players and did what he called the personality test , to see about how players conducted themselves , lived there life of the pitch.   Trundle passed that test I presume ? 

Same with lee who signed Tomlin who is in the same mould trundle , couldn’t handle and got rid.  

I don't recall there being any issues with his lifestyle and I was not implying that. He seemed a thoroughly decent guy and his talent is unquestioned.

Yet nobody else tried to sign him, which suggests to me they decided he was a player who thrived in the lower leagues but would not make the step up.

A gamble that didn't pay off unfortunately, but you can say that about an awful lot of signings at an awful lot of clubs I suppose.

Archived