IGNORED

This Country

The Coach

Anyone watched this series?

Just finished series 2, and it has to be one of the best comedies I've watched in the last few years. Perhaps that's quite biased because it's set close to home. But the overall essence of the show is fantastic. Written & performed well by the Cooper family.

Hilarious stuff.

Particularly liked season 1 where he goes looking for an old time school friend.. wanders over a field and finds him working in a garage on the otherside:)

All the swindonians at work love it!! I am not sure the get the fact the main protagonists are just like them :)

• Admin

Really enjoy it, shame it finished it's latest series last night (haven't seen that episode yet)

The BAFTA's are all over it, so like The Office, expect it to appear on the mainstream channel / time slot ready for series 3

It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it - but you won't regret it . . . .

Related image

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Really enjoy it, shame it finished it's latest series last night (haven't seen that episode yet)

The BAFTA's are all over it, so like The Office, expect it to appear on the mainstream channel / time slot ready for series 3

It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it - but you won't regret it . . . .

Related image

Precisely, if you grew up in the same kind of environment, or spent a lot of time round that environment with the kind of characters from the show then you'll love it. It's extremely nostalgic in some sense. Arguing over the top shelf in the oven, turkey dinosaurs etc. I've seen many types of women in the past who are exactly like Mandy, met nobheads like Martin Mucklowe etc. The show overall is all so familiar to your own life.

There was another thread on here a short while ago about it. I hadn't heard of it myself until then, then went and watched it all.

I think its brilliant. Got a sort of rural The Office type vibe about it. 

Some great characters in there with Mandy being a personal favourite. "C'Mon Tyson you P***k"....cracks me up every time.

Saw the trailer for Series 1 just before it was released and vowed not to watch it. The style is so similar to the office, and Kurtan is so similar to Gareth from the office, it is almost embarrassing.

However...I decided to recently give it a go, and once you get over "Gareth Mark II", it is actually very funny and enjoyable. Binged both Series in 2 days. Excellent characters. Kerry's mum was a particular highlight

On 10/04/2018 at 16:15, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Saw the trailer for Series 1 just before it was released and vowed not to watch it. The style is so similar to the office, and Kurtan is so similar to Gareth from the office, it is almost embarrassing.

However...I decided to recently give it a go, and once you get over "Gareth Mark II", it is actually very funny and enjoyable. Binged both Series in 2 days. Excellent characters. Kerry's mum was a particular highlight

Kerry's mum is actually voiced by Kerry!

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Wonderful.

If I recall correctly, this used to follow Question Time/This Week or some similar late night show.

Given the time difference - we are one hour ahead of you here, so it was probably 01H00 or later - I was probably half asleep on the few occasions I watched it, and I have only now realised it was actually a spoof documentary!

I must try and catch up on the first series.

Archived