IGNORED

4 wins to take 6th

Cider-Head23

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd rather watch Cardiff go up, fail miserably and do a Sunderland, and for us to go up next season and stay up. I'm sure it would be fantastic to beat Cardiff in the play offs and lots of pleasure felt...just thinking long term ;)

We can't pick and choose our moment to go up .

Many clubs have set out specifically to get promoted only to fall short and the following year be nowhere near , this season it's Sheffield Wednesday and Reading.

If we went up we would strengthen our squad so there's no reason to suggest we would come straight back down and if we did we would benefit from the experience as a club and financially.

Equally if we went up next season. there's no guarantees that we'd be any better placed to stay up .

14 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The hardest of the remaining games for me is boro away and I can't see us winning. Give Assombalonga those chances brum had tonight and we will be ******.

Still it was an open game and this one will be completely different. Any chance we can lose and still grab 6th ? Win all remaining games?  

I don’t think Assombalonga starts for them anymore? Bamford starts with Downing and Traore on the wings. But Bamfords in good form and would’ve finished those.

49 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd rather watch Cardiff go up, fail miserably and do a Sunderland, and for us to go up next season and stay up. I'm sure it would be fantastic to beat Cardiff in the play offs and lots of pleasure felt...just thinking long term ;)

There is absolutely no guarantee that we will be anywhere close to going up next season - the chance we had this season may not come again for many years.

I simply don’t get this ‘ we are not ready to go up argument ‘ - nobody is, unless they were only relegated 1 or 2 seasons ago.

If we wait until we are ‘ready ‘ it will never happen.

15 hours ago, Irishred said:

My prediction for the end of the season table. This will only happen if we draw with Middlesbrough and win the other 3 games.

...and if you've predicted every other game between the other teams in the division correctly :)

2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

I don’t think Assombalonga starts for them anymore? Bamford starts with Downing and Traore on the wings. But Bamfords in good form and would’ve finished those.

Oh really? I thought he partnered Bamford. Haha not a bad team is it! Shows you how tough the division is.

22 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I believe it’s back in our hands after tonight’s fantastic result. Easier said than done but win all of our remaining 4 games and it should be enough to take 6th place. 

Millwall’s run in couldn’t be much tougher. They play Sheff United. Fulham. Boro & Villa. Even the form that Millwall are in I think providing we win all 4 of our games.. it should be enough to overtake Millwall. 

One last major push to the play offs lads! 

Well luckily our current form of 4 wins in 18 games suggests we’ll win the next 4 no problem...

Archived