IGNORED

Is Bobby's future already sorted ?

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'll admit to this. As a midfielder, Bobby is average and I would have let him leave at the time but as a striker, he's excellent, a totally different proposition.

I disagree, despite everyone hating his style of football and much more, let's not forget Sean O'Driscoll was the first manager who I remember giving Bobby a sustained chance in the first team.

He recognised his all round footballing quality.

I always felt Bobby was able to drive the team on and change the tempo more than other midfielders at the time.

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

I love all this. It's worse than the BEP!

A little bit of perspective is always useful. Bobby has had one good season and he has one year extension on his current contract.

As supporters, we have no influence on any of this (unless of course you are Lansdown). So I suggest that we all stop wasting our energy on speculation and enjoy Bobby for the time being...!

Spoilsport

55 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I disagree, despite everyone hating his style of football and much more, let's not forget Sean O'Driscoll was the first manager who I remember giving Bobby a sustained chance in the first team.

He recognised his all round footballing quality.

I always felt Bobby was able to drive the team on and change the tempo more than other midfielders at the time.

I never said he was poor in midfield Tone but he didn't, at the time, appear to be any better than the other midfielders we had IMO , a tad lightweight was how I remember him in midfield TBH.

As a forward, he's top notch but, obviously, I didn't see that before LJ moved him up the pitch.

Hands up fella, I was wrong then. 

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'll admit to this. As a midfielder, Bobby is average and I would have let him leave at the time but as a striker, he's excellent, a totally different proposition.

This.

As much as I do not rate LJ he has to take a lot of credit for moving Bobby further up the pitch.

2 hours ago, red panda said:

Quite useful for us if Birmingham go down (and they have some tough fixtures left). The club can remind anyone who's 'head is turned' how Flint could have ended up there :shocking:

Perhaps they wouldn't be where they are had they managed to sign him of course. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it mind, who would have thought Brum would be where they are, and us where we are in back inJuly 2017?

On 11/04/2018 at 17:31, Robbored said:

He definitely said that but I took it as him expecting bigger clubs coming in for Reid in the summer. City lost top scorer Tammy last season and Kodjia the season before so if Reid did move for a very decent fee on I wouldn't be too worried.

Have to agree

On 11/04/2018 at 15:02, The goal is that way said:

He had talks earlier this season with a prem team from the north west. I’m sure they are keeping tabs on him still! He’ll be gone imo 

On 11/04/2018 at 15:15, The goal is that way said:

Don’t want to say who as I shouldn’t be saying this. But  I know he was talking to representatives of the club at another club in the south west’s ground  a couple of months  into the start of the season. If they still want him (and let’s face it he has carried on doing well) I wouldn’t expect him to turn it down, or the BCFC turn down the money!!! Do enough digging and I’m sure someone else has named the club!

So we can rule out Newcastle and any of the London teams ;).

If he were to leave this summer, I could see it being Swansea (if they stay in the Premier League) - for reasons below:

Relatively close by

He would fit into their team and wouldn't have to displace any serious talent.

Could fill the void of Tammy

Tammy might have recommended Bobby from their time last year

Carvalho probably keeps close tabs on the Championship - though to be fair, I would imagine most Prem managers do - through their talent scouts etc.

Just a thought.

Archived