IGNORED

We need Forest and Hull to win on Saturday

City Cat

Forest v Ipswich and Hull v Sheffield W

It would be good if they both win this Saturday against mediocre opposition to confirm their safety before we face them. Especially as Forest have got Cardiff away the week before we go to Nottingham. Last thing we need as opposition is a fired up relegation battler...like we were this time last year. :yawn:

I think Hull's form is ok, 10 points clear of the drop and draws against Villa and Wolves and put a combined 9 past Burton and QPR. I'd be worried about our chances against them.
As for Forest. 9 points clear of Barnsley in 22nd. 3 defeats and a draw in their last 4, but those 9 points should be enough. Again, I worry about our chances , although our recent form up there isn't to bad.

There is another way of looking at this. Sometimes teams that have escaped from the threat of relegation start to play better as the players relax and play without fear. Birmingham showed on Tuesday that City’s defence is a bit open at times, and if Hull and Forest play an attacking game I’m sure they’ll create a few chances. Just got to hope their finishing is as poor as Birmingham’s

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

There is another way of looking at this. Sometimes teams that have escaped from the threat of relegation start to play better as the players relax and play without fear. Birmingham showed on Tuesday that City’s defence is a bit open at times, and if Hull and Forest play an attacking game I’m sure they’ll create a few chances. Just got to hope their finishing is as poor as Birmingham’s

There is yet another way of looking at this. Which is the City and their fans solely focus on winning all their remaining fixtures and simply don’t consider anything else, including other’s results.

I was thinking the  same   Forest not even scored for 6 matches !   they also got Barnsley at home on the Tuesday before we go up there ,    Yes Hull who score goals for fun will not be easy   , but we should win  as we always seem to in league games against them       Reckon it will go to the final match  And we always beat Sheff utd at home don't we !

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think Hull's form is ok, 10 points clear of the drop and draws against Villa and Wolves and put a combined 9 past Burton and QPR. I'd be worried about our chances against them.....

Spot on....Hull wisely appointed a proven championship manager in December 2017 and they’ve done ok since...beating Brentford, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Ipswich, QPR, Burton, Forest and drawing with Villa and Wolves...scoring loads of goals recently too....11 in their last 3 games....

37 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

I was thinking the  same   Forest not even scored for 6 matches !   they also got Barnsley at home on the Tuesday before we go up there ,    Yes Hull who score goals for fun will not be easy   , but we should win  as we always seem to in league games against them       Reckon it will go to the final match  And we always beat Sheff utd at home don't we !

Let’s hope they don’t start scoring again vs us in a couple of weeks time. It’ll be my 3rd trip to Forest and I’ve not seen us win there. The last game there was so dire I wanted to cry. 

8 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Yes Hull who score goals for fun will not be easy   , but we should win  as we always seem to in league games against them       Reckon it will go to the final match  And we always beat Sheff utd at home don't we !

No we don’t and no we don’t. 

18 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

There is yet another way of looking at this. Which is the City and their fans solely focus on winning all their remaining fixtures and simply don’t consider anything else, including other’s results.

Wise words Jersey but you know full well that most of us, including you, will be looking closely at the other results......it's impossible not to!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on....Hull wisely appointed a proven championship manager in December 2017 and they’ve done ok since...beating Brentford, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Ipswich, QPR, Burton, Forest and drawing with Villa and Wolves...scoring loads of goals recently too....11 in their last 3 games....

Nigel Adkins is an excellent manager. My saints mate wants a statue of him for the two promotions and development of outstanding players now at the top of the English game. If only we had him here 

Archived