IGNORED

Is Ashton Gate our home?

Big Red Rich

2 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Let's get something straight, I've no issues with the whole 'generating income' approach whatsoever, it's the fact we're so brazen about it. We effectively play football in a conference centre and we appear happy about it. It's the way football is going, I get it. But give me what the Millwall fans get every other week, sit where they want, stand for the 90 mins unchallenged, sing their hearts out, no sign of any Merlot at half time. That looked like a right laugh....

The Stadium account isn’t targeted at you and me, it’s targeted at those who would like to use the conference facilities.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Doesn't make it any less depressing, embarrassing and cringeworthy seeing football stadiums get used for other things.

A stadium is needed for its primary purpose for around 25 days a year. You think it’s “cringeworthy and embarrassing” to use it for alternative things on the other 340 days?

Who is cringing? Whose face is turning red?

It would be strange to spend £45 million on a building fully capable of providing other uses and generating income, only to have it dormant on non-match days. That would be embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

I think you are spot on, we just use the stadium, we may play there but its not ours, never will be; The Lansdowns  paid for the upgrade and benefit from its varied uses and clients rents;

Do rugger boys use Liverpools upgraded stadium or will rugger boys use Spurs new ground. No rush to sample Bristol Sports Stadium at all myself. 

Here’s Spurs new stadium.

3319B654-64C6-4E1E-B5C6-20264A0DAD6B.jpeg

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Doesn't make it any less depressing, embarrassing and cringeworthy seeing football stadiums get used for other things.

But does help fund all those top notch players everyone wants to sign. Think Wembley has seen everything from pop concerts through to boxing and the odd religous sermon meetings in its time. We have to compete, and having a swanky stadium , it needs to pay its way

2 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Let's get something straight, I've no issues with the whole 'generating income' approach whatsoever, it's the fact we're so brazen about it. We effectively play football in a conference centre and we appear happy about it. It's the way football is going, I get it. But give me what the Millwall fans get every other week, sit where they want, stand for the 90 mins unchallenged, sing their hearts out, no sign of any Merlot at half time. That looked like a right laugh....

Seriously, the place was a dump. Nice surroundings do not mean you can not sing, its what you take to the party that counts

Archived