IGNORED

Should the 2018 World Cup take place ?

BRIAN WILSON

1 hour ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Especially based upon this mornings events and potential repercussions.

I sadly expect England to withdraw, along with some other nations.

What does everyone feel about this ?

There's more chance of you rejoining The Beach Boys than England withdrawing!

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

It should not have been given to Russia in the first place but it should go ahead now it has. Everyone knew what Putin was like in 2010 and FIFA had no ethical qualms given Russia the World Cup so it would be hypocritical to suddenly decide there is a problem now.

Who would be the hypocrites? A few men in suits decided where the World Cup should be played. I think the question here is being addressed to fans and the general public who never wanted it to be awarded to Russia.

Hypothetically, if it wasn't played it would be due to government 'advice' - a get out for the FAs of the world. 

It will be played. No chance of it being cancelled. The same men in suits would lose a fortune. 

1 minute ago, Victor Meldrew said:

We are all being brain washed

20,000 die in Yemen F, all said

more interested in arms sells ro the Saudis

And millions in the UK in poverty that the majority couldn't give a **** about. Everyone is ignorant of someone's plight. 

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Who would be the hypocrites? A few men in suits decided where the World Cup should be played. I think the question here is being addressed to fans and the general public who never wanted it to be awarded to Russia.

Hypothetically, if it wasn't played it would be due to government 'advice' - a get out for the FAs of the world. 

It will be played. No chance of it being cancelled. The same men in suits would lose a fortune. 

FIFA, who I assume would make the final decision. Frankly I think the 2018 and 2022 should go ahead so they can stand as monuments to their idiocy and corruption.

I'll be watching it thoroughly depressed at the corruption that gave it it's existence.

The fact the next one is in fucking Qatar, that famous hotbed of football, makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'll be watching it thoroughly depressed at the corruption that gave it it's existence.

The fact the next one is in fucking Qatar, that famous hotbed of football, makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Unfortunately ,Qatar and it’s neighbours have become the hotbed of running football. Their  money know controls the majority of the top European clubs.

As for Russia, Imo they deserve to have a World Cup, they have never had one in the nearly 100 years f WC’s taking place. 

Some countries have had two, and talking of hotbeds, the USA and South Africa have had one each!!

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Unfortunately ,Qatar and it’s neighbours have become the hotbed of running football. Their  money know controls the majority of the top European clubs.

As for Russia, Imo they deserve to have a World Cup, they have never had one in the nearly 100 years f WC’s taking place. 

Some countries have had two, and talking of hotbeds, the USA and South Africa have had one each!!

I don't mind it being in Russia particularly, just don't like the fairly obvious corruption that gave rise to their bid being accepted!

Been 52 years since our last world cup, surely we're next in line?

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I don't mind it being in Russia particularly, just don't like the fairly obvious corruption that gave rise to their bid being accepted!

Been 52 years since our last world cup, surely we're next in line?

What about Australia? About time they had one isn`t it? I know it would be absolute shite for our TV but I`m surprised they haven`t been awarded one yet.

Archived