IGNORED

We Actually All Agree

The Original OTIB

3 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Buy a couple of experienced players who have been there and done that when it comes to promotion from this league. Go to players who will help our youngsters. Get the experience on the pitch that we haven't got on the dug out. Johnson, Holden and McAllister have no idea how to win a promotion between them 

I totally see the point you are making but,

1. LJ is not going to attract those types, nor do I believe, he wants them.

2. LJ thinks he is way better than he is so won't see the 'experience ' gap.

3. Those type of players are not in the 'plan'

4. I think it's clear the club and owner have no real desire for anything more than we have already.

Next season is going to be interesting if we start it as we finished this and the attendance falls and therefore the £ too.

LJ had built his team after those 3 windows. But it's going to be completely changed in the summer. Flint and Bryan definitely leaving, Reid likely to leave.

The January window was his most important window ever and  it was a complete failure. This summer is going to be tough to recruit and improve. 

4 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Buy a couple of experienced players who have been there and done that when it comes to promotion from this league. Go to players who will help our youngsters. Get the experience on the pitch that we haven't got on the dug out. Johnson, Holden and McAllister have no idea how to win a promotion between them 

I though O’Neil was going to be one of those...

51 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I totally see the point you are making but,

1. LJ is not going to attract those types, nor do I believe, he wants them.

2. LJ thinks he is way better than he is so won't see the 'experience ' gap.

3. Those type of players are not in the 'plan'

4. I think it's clear the club and owner have no real desire for anything more than we have already.

Next season is going to be interesting if we start it as we finished this and the attendance falls and therefore the £ too.

1. Not sure that's quite true. Why else did LJ buy Gary O"Neill? Maybe we will find another experienced midfielder who can come in. If he were good going forward as well that would also help. If West Ham let Mark Noble go, we could do much worse.

2. Possible, although anybody with any degree of self awareness might question why the sides he has managed go through such bad runs of form.

3. Youth is good but there needs to be some experience available on the pitch to provide support (see point 1).

4. Quite possible that the owner is currently happy and is looking to build slowly until the club and Bristol Sport are "ready whatever that actually means. We have all been comparing ourselves to Huddersfield, who managed to take their unexpected chance last season, whereas I have a feeling that SL is using Brighton as his model for promotion. They kept building, made the play offs a couple of times, regularly filled their stadium at this level, and finally got promotion. As to whether LJ is anywhere as good as Chris Hughton is another matter! The other model is Southampton in terms of a successful academy & developing players, but they seem to have ditched that to some degree, as less young players have made it through to the first team, plus they have kept changing their manager, and look where it's got them.

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep we smashed em 1-1 at home....they were much better than us on the night....we had ONE shot on target...smashed em...

I disagree that they were much better than us on the night.  It was a pretty fair and even game.  They played the better football, but we created the greater pressure in the final third.  It was two different styles.  Just because one us more pressing on the eye doesn’t mean they were much better than us.

I do disagree with the Original posters comment that we battered them.  We hit them with lots of long throws.  That’s different :P

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I disagree that they were much better than us on the night.  It was a pretty fair and even game.  They played the better football, but we created the greater pressure in the final third.  It was two different styles.  Just because one us more pressing on the eye doesn’t mean they were much better than us.

We hit them with lots of long throws...

Didn’t Pulis count them as shots on target when he was at our helm?!

We may have pressed Fulham in the final third, but we still only had one shot on target that night...I thought they played superbly that night...only Man City have played better as an away team at The Gate this season....just my opinion of course

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t Pulis count them as shots on target when he was at our helm?!

We may have pressed Fulham in the final third, but we still only had one shot on target that night...I thought they played superbly that night...only Man City have played better as an away team at The Gate this season....just my opinion of course

They were nowhere near as good as they were at AG last season.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They were nowhere near as good as they were at AG last season.

The long throws or Fulham?! 

Last season we allowed them to play that well, hard to remember a more woeful City home performance....but this season they were superb even though we played reasonably well...really showed their footballing class...

23 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Presumably you did back in August too?

Yes I did and by December I was beginning  to think and comment, like others, that I may have been wrong about him, he soon killed that thought off.  Continually starting below par players despite having fit alternatives, the players fielded in non league games proved his favourites were not up to it, then more recently subs and team sheets made no sense at all, suddenly he tells us the team are not performing - no shit Sherlock, he starts tired injured players and crap loanies and ingnores fit and ready players, what’s the point of big men up front if they can’t hold the ball long enough to play football!

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep we smashed em 1-1 at home....they were much better than us on the night....we had ONE shot on target...smashed em...

Oh yes because it’s only shots on target that count as good chances is it?? We had far better chances than them, Magnusson missing an absolute sitter that my Nan would score and Bobby Reid also missed a good chance. Limited them to half chances and their goal was a defensive mistake. 

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:37, Packman said:

What’s your point? We had much more possession than Millwall, remind me how that game went. We were far superior to Fulham in both games, they didn’t know what hit them at AG and we should have won convincingly.

I already made my point, but I'll make it again just so it's clear: I don't think we were far superior to Fulham at AG. Pretty even game, which we maybe just shaded. 

Archived