IGNORED

For sale

CotswoldRed

One DNA Scanner with instruction manual. 

The scanner doesn't actually work, although it can be tuned to BBC One. 

The instructions are in Chinese and appear to be for a sandwich toaster. 

One reckless owner. 

£50, including delivery or will swap for another scanner. 

On a serious note, the majority of "good DNA" in the club was here before the DNA spotter, and that tells you all you need to know about his spin on recruitment.

I think in time Brownhill and O'Dowda will have the right ingredients as they both look hungry and honest enough, but on the whole we have brought in players who don't appear to be mentally strong or ready to win football games, culminating in bringing in a couple of players in January whose total inadequacy and/or disinterest must've been toxic to a close group of teammates who had set far higher standards and fought for each other in the first half of the season.

I always thought Mark Ashton was a smarmy bastard as soon as he walked through the door. All this talk of DNA hasn't changed my mind. However, I was (and still are, just) in the Johnson in camp. BUT, something is seriously wrong with the recruitment policy..I read somewhere yesterday, that we have signed 37 players since Johnson was appointed, (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). I know some of these players are " for the future", but that's a lot of players to bring in ,especially when you look at how many start. Our loan signings have been shocking, and, for me, have blocked the pathway for some promising young players. Perhaps these youngsters haven't got the right DNA!!

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

On a serious note, the majority of "good DNA" in the club was here before the DNA spotter, and that tells you all you need to know about his spin on recruitment.

I think in time Brownhill and O'Dowda will have the right ingredients as they both look hungry and honest enough, but on the whole we have brought in players who don't appear to be mentally strong or ready to win football games, culminating in bringing in a couple of players in January whose total inadequacy and/or disinterest must've been toxic to a close group of teammates who had set far higher standards and fought for each other in the first half of the season.

This, and the 'we are not chasing promotion' probably got a lot of the players,

1. Booking their holiday

2. Calling their agent - although the agent probably got there first.

Mods - can this be moved to the buy and sell section.

Fed up coming on here and finding things in the wrong place. Player speculation not in the transfer forum, endless comments on PA sound not in the Q&A section etc.

Anyway I am interested in this all the same. OP - is it signed by any players?

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The scanner is fixed above 5'6" so wasn't used on LJ. 

That's harsh, surely they could have found a box for him to stand on.

Anyway, are we sure this is a "scanner", I thought the club were using a "spanner", there are a few loose nuts, doing their best at holding what wheels are left, on

5 hours ago, Olé said:

For possibly the first time I'm not sure I agree with you - it's a truism but I think this group are an honest bunch - it's not their DNA or make-up that's faltering, it's frankly that their not yet good enough. Even Brownhill and O'Dowda would arguably not get into the top 4 Championship sides.

Does anyone think that Korey Smith who we all mostly love could play in the Prem or ever score 10 goals in a season.

I don't think Pato's indifferent form is due to disinterest - I suspect he has niggling injuries and perhaps is struggling to understand how to maintain his own peaks - he would not have signed for us if he knew this.

The reality is we are playing within our budget, players like Kelly, Brownhill, O'Dowda excite and frustrate in equal measure with their potential but they are not game changers because we cannot afford Championship level game changers [Lee Johnson himself sadly fits this category also]. The last ones we had were arguably Adomah, Kodjia and dare I say it Tomlin on his good days, but they were not surrounded by players who were strong enough to make them effective. 

Archived