IGNORED

A young up and coming manager

Alan Dicks

Who has allready done miracles on a shoe string budget and has enjoyed two promotions in his short tenure.

A manager who has respect from his players, staff and fan's. 

A manager who gets the best out of his players and improves them no end.

A loyal guy who turned down the chance to manage the best supported club in the chamionship.

That guy manages a league club less than 5 miles away!!!

Just going to grab my full body armour now. 

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

Who has allready done miracles on a shoe string budget and has enjoyed two promotions in his short tenure.

A manager who has respect from hus players, staff and fan's. 

A manager who gets the best out of his players and improves them no end.

A loyal guy who turned down the chance to manage the best supported club in the chamionship.

That guy manages a league club less than 5 miles away!!!

Just going to grab my full body armour now. 

What about us “dog” owners ffs!!! 

46 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Can't stand the man and it would never happen but his CV reads far better than LJs, he has done a decent job at a detestable club.

How the phuck did you work that one out?  The dog botherer presided over the sags getting dumped out of the cup at home to seventh tier Bath City whilst LJ has Jose Mourinho's full strength Man United ticked off on his CV.

I'm no fan of the SL/LJ dynasty but let's keep things in perspective please.

That’s a step too far. Dean Smith and you might have my attention..

Saying that I don’t want the bloke gone. I just want him to learn from his mistakes and the frustrating is that he isn’t. It’s an awkward one.

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How the phuck did you work that one out?  The dog botherer presided over the sags getting dumped out of the cup at home to seventh tier Bath City whilst LJ has Jose Mourinho's full strength Man United ticked off on his CV.

He has won 2 promotions to be fair

27 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The first by beating grimsby on penalties and the second by finishing above Accrington Stanley on goal difference after scoring a last minute winner to beat the mighty Dagenham and Redbridge 2-1. As others have said, not really comparable... 

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The first by beating grimsby on penalties and the second by finishing above Accrington Stanley on goal difference after scoring a last minute winner to beat the mighty Dagenham and Redbridge 2-1. As others have said, not really comparable... 

I'm not bigging the bloke up and would never want him anywhere near City but his CV reads better than LJs, what has LJ done in his managerial career so far ?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Two promotions and not far away from a third last season despite the Snake Oil Salesman's millions never materialising. I'm sure he'll be more bothered about that than losing to Bath City.

Disclaimer: Keep that arrogant tosser on the other side of the river please.

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Two promotions and not far away from a third last season despite the Snake Oil Salesman's millions never materialising. I'm sure he'll be more bothered about that than losing to Bath City.

Disclaimer: Keep that arrogant tosser on the other side of the river please.

He also has a relegation on his CV. An utterly humiliating relegation out of the football league despite Rovers having one of the biggest budgets in L2 at the time.

They hadn't been in the relegation zone all season until he took over.

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Sooner have Paul Hurst if we've got to have a League 1 manager. That's a bloke who's worked miracles.

Said this the other day, he’s been promoted a few times already at various levels, most recently at Grimsby & now somehow he’s got Shrewsbury challenging at the top end of league one. 

I heard he’ll be going to Ipswich in the summer if they don’t go up. 

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If we were going to get rid of our own Manager who clearly fits the bill already, I would like us to look at the guys at Lincoln City, they have showed thatcthwy are able to learn a division quickly and get their team competing in it. 

If by 'fits the bill' you mean a manager who'll never get us into the Premier League, then yes I guess he does

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

If by 'fits the bill' you mean a manager who'll never get us into the Premier League, then yes I guess he does

As others on here are determined be a broken fucking record, I have no qualms in saying once again, if this forum had been around in the 70's there would be a ground swell of opinion that we should sack Alan Dicks before he got it all right. 

He had an even longer period of *"failure" 

*A term used uniquely by some people on OTIB to describe someone who has not reached constantly changing targets, or does or says things they don't like.

DC's promotions were getting the team where they were (have been most of their existence). Do you get kudos for under performing, fucking things up and then getting back on track where you should be - I thought that accolade would be for maybe gamblers, drug addicts and alcoholics etc 

He may be a decent coach but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club .

The man is classless and clueless.

It is bad enough hearing him on RB., his horrible speaking voice and arrogance are overbearing and make me want to switch off .

If I had too put up with that  on a regular basis as coach of my club I'd stop tuning in .

For all LJ's faults , I find his interviews often interesting, honest and pleasant to watch . 

This would rank up there with Pulis in terms of distaste for me .

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He also has a relegation on his CV. An utterly humiliating relegation out of the football league despite Rovers having one of the biggest budgets in L2 at the time.

They hadn't been in the relegation zone all season until he took over.

I'm sure it keeps him awake at night after what he's achieved since.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He may be a decent coach but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club .

The man is classless and clueless.

It is bad enough hearing him on RB., his horrible speaking voice and arrogance are overbearing and make me want to switch off .

If I had too put up with that  on a regular basis as coach of my club I'd stop tuning in .

For all LJ's faults , I find his interviews often interesting, honest and pleasant to watch . 

This would rank up there with Pulis in terms of distaste for me .

Major, would you accept someone like Pulis at City? Proven record even if not too entertaining. 

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Major, would you accept someone like Pulis at City? Proven record even if not too entertaining. 

Someone ' like ' Pulis ? 

Yes , only if he was nothing at all like him .

I would not object to McCarthy being on board , if he was motivated.

I like LJ but just can't shake off the niggling doubts that I have about him.

Perhaps the City job was too soon for him .

I would like someone who knows about football, has a record of success and could stand up to SL , not that that went well for SOD. 

I started a thread entitled Bristol Cosy Football Club , my belief is that we are not hard nosed enough to push on to the very top .

Everyone is mates with everyone else , does any one dare say " Lee, old son, that is a stupid idea " or

What humongous gaffe does LJ have to make to get sacked ? 

I believe that any other coach would and probably should have gone last season let alone this one since December.

Where's the signs of lessons being learnt ? 

I'm sure the atmosphere around the club is great , every one congratulating every one else for this ' fantastic ' season . Probably planning their summer holidays together.

I'm happy for them but is it enough ?

I don't think so .

Archived