IGNORED

Big year for development players

Dickie Rookes Peak

Next season will be the first that expensive development players enter the last year of their contracts (Taylor Moore, Gus etc).  Do the club release current members of the first team squad to make space for them to prove why the club has invested so heavily in them, (fee, wages, coaching etc).  Or do they waste the investment and let their contracts run down without troubling the first team?

1 hour ago, Dickie Rookes Peak said:

Next season will be the first that expensive development players enter the last year of their contracts (Taylor Moore, Gus etc).  Do the club release current members of the first team squad to make space for them to prove why the club has invested so heavily in them, (fee, wages, coaching etc).  Or do they waste the investment and let their contracts run down without troubling the first team?

Or do they offer them new contracts ? 

How long do they persist with potential?

Bobby and LJ I believe are around 23/24 and this is their first season where you could probably say they have shown they are more than capable of playing at this level

We have a group of younger players who have been playing at L1 & L2 as well as some non league that should start to physically be more capable of playing at this level.

Technically I am sure they are talented enough but do they have the mentality and tactical awareness to take on board what LJ and the coaches want?

I think Vyner & Kelly will be given a chance next season to build on their progress this season but think Morrell and Bakinson have a chance to start pushing for more 1st team opportunities. Will Woolacot be No2 keeper following his fantastic loan performances?

At some point in the next 12 - 18 months the club need to start making decisions on the younger players and give them new contracts or move them on. I just hope they are given a chance and time to show their full potential

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I can only see Vyner getting any game time next season out of the current loans. I think you might mean O'Leary when you say Wollacott. I think O'leary will be loaned to league 2, or maybe league 1. I think all the other current loans will be loaned out to either the same league or a league higher. Bakinson and Holden I expect will be loaned out too. It's a slow process for them to be ready for championship football.

I can see Jonny Smith being loaned to league 2 as well unless Fylde go up in which case he`ll probably stay there for another year.

Joe Morrell is one I do wonder about though - is he ready for the first team squad? Sometimes I think he seems to be.

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

How long do they persist with potential?

Bobby and LJ I believe are around 23/24 and this is their first season where you could probably say they have shown they are more than capable of playing at this level

We have a group of younger players who have been playing at L1 & L2 as well as some non league that should start to physically be more capable of playing at this level.

Technically I am sure they are talented enough but do they have the mentality and tactical awareness to take on board what LJ and the coaches want?

I think Vyner & Kelly will be given a chance next season to build on their progress this season but think Morrell and Bakinson have a chance to start pushing for more 1st team opportunities. Will Woolacot be No2 keeper following his fantastic loan performances?

At some point in the next 12 - 18 months the club need to start making decisions on the younger players and give them new contracts or move them on. I just hope they are given a chance and time to show their full potential

Don't see him being loaned out, we're changing the type of midfielder he is, can't see another club sticking to trying to do that so much if we loan him out. They won't focus on his long term development.

I think those that have had football league loans and a lot of gametime, should be told to fight for a place in our squad.  I include the likes of:

• Vyner
  • Moore
  • Morrell

in that scenario.  If they aren’t good enough, by all means loan them out, but with a view to raising their profile for being sold on, or released at the end of their contract.  Couple that with Kelly, who imho, would serve little purpose in going out on loan, when he should be challenging for regular action / squad involvement.

I reserve judgement on McCoulsky due to his illness.  Give him the time he needs.

Hinds, i’d keep him around the first team, training with us, better players, etc.  Think he’ll benefit more from that.  Proved he’s got something.

Engvall needs to be sold on - it seems clear he isn’t gonna get a chance here.

Bakinson and Holden, could probably do with a league loan, probably Dowling too.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think those that have had football league loans and a lot of gametime, should be told to fight for a place in our squad.  I include the likes of:

• Vyner
  • Moore
  • Morrell

in that scenario.  If they aren’t good enough, by all means loan them out, but with a view to raising their profile for being sold on, or released at the end of their contract.  Couple that with Kelly, who imho, would serve little purpose in going out on loan, when he should be challenging for regular action / squad involvement.

I reserve judgement on McCoulsky due to his illness.  Give him the time he needs.

Hinds, i’d keep him around the first team, training with us, better players, etc.  Think he’ll benefit more from that.  Proved he’s got something.

Engvall needs to be sold on - it seems clear he isn’t gonna get a chance here.

Bakinson and Holden, could probably do with a league loan, probably Dowling too.

If we can persuade someone to take Dowling then I think he'll do well in league football, its just persuading a team. 

Archived