IGNORED

Play-offs still realistic

Nongazeuse

Assuming we win our last three games  - two at home and one against at  lacklustre Forest - I don't see why play-offs are not still achievable if we get 74pts.

Our rivals:

Derby (68 pts) - four difficult games against Middlesbro', Cardiff, Villa and then H to Barnsley who all have something to play for - can see 2 D and 2L so 70pts.

Middlesbro (69) -  Draw at Derby then D at Home to Millwall then away Ipswich another D? 3 pts so 72 pts.

Sheff Utd (66) - Can see them losing at Birmingham next Sat, then draw with Preston and obviously L to us. 1 pt so 67pts.

Brentford (65) - D with QPR in local derby, then D at Barnsley, W against Hull = 5 pts so 70pts

Preston (66) - W against Norwich then D with Sheff U, W against Burton = 7 pts so 73 pts

Millwall (69) - D with Fulham, Middlesbro and Villa = 3 pts so 72pts

Two places at stake so it could go to goal difference, if one or two results differ.

Not clutching at straws really - and yes I did pick the grand National winner on Sat!

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A great idea for a thread , I'm surprised no one else thought about doing one .

:me?:

That's the trouble with doing this at work - you miss the latest threads whilst drafting new ones and minimising the window when anyone walks past your screen....

56 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

Assuming we win our last three games  - two at home and one against at  lacklustre Forest - I don't see why play-offs are not still achievable if we get 74pts.

Yeh, lacklustre Forest v  even more lacklustre Bristol City.

The glass is empty.

You have got to be dreaming, win 3 on the trot? If we had 3 home games I don't think we could win 3 on the trot. Give us another 20 games we might win 3 ! I've had a look at the predictor again, heres how I have it going into the last game, just for shits and giggles I've given us the 6 points so far. I'd be happy to be in this position on the final day, but you just know we'd lose.

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 16.12.35.png

14 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Give it up. Can assure you its less painful Saturdays at  5 to5  after you accept its over for the season.:yes:

I still believe - however the club doesn't appear to do so as I have just tried to buy a ticket for Saturday and the Bristol Sport site is down for maintenance.

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Other teams have done it in the past near the end of the season and crept into the top 6, it's certainly possible. However our away form is so dire can't see us doing better than a draw at Forest.

Usually teams that are in good form though. Zero chance.

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I would reallly love to know where this optimism comes from? I cant see us getting more than 2 points from remaining games!

I can, probably 4 as our record at home has been ok in 2018, however away from home we have been shite.

Burton have about as much chance of the playoffs as us.

Archived